Hudson Sidecar is insanely good.

What's Hot
octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
edited January 7 in FX
I bought this pedal about 2 years ago and didn't fiddle with it much.

I've been using it for the last few days and it is just amazing me.
I recorded something a bit earlier today- it isn't close miced so not sure how good it will sound.
Sounded great in the room though.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    I’ve been considering buying one of these for a while, mainly because the Broadcast is my favourite pedal of all time… I don’t really like Tubescreamers tho, so I’m still dithering about it.
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • That sounds great :) 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    edited January 8
    mo6020 said:
    I’ve been considering buying one of these for a while, mainly because the Broadcast is my favourite pedal of all time… I don’t really like Tubescreamers tho, so I’m still dithering about it.
    I don't like Tubscreamers, which is why I guess I sort of sidelined it.
    It simply isn't one though.

It just sounds fat and gnarly, esp with Fender circuit amps.
  • mburekengemburekenge Frets: 1059
    It's a killer pedal. Doesn't sound TS like at all to me.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    Agreed.  It's so much more than a Tubescreamer and it gets warm and fuzzy when you crank the gain.  The EQ works so well, you can create mid boost and more scooped sounds.  I use mine all the time, it loves my Super Champ.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17640
    tFB Trader
    I'd heard it was basically just a TS and ignored it.

Interesting to know as I hear a lot of people raving about them.
  • DodgeDodge Frets: 1445
    edited January 10
    I'd heard it was basically just a TS and ignored it.

Interesting to know as I hear a lot of people raving about them.

It has similarities with a TS-type circuit, but it adds germanium clipping and two band EQ from a console.  It can do the mid hump TS thing, but it does SO much more.  The EQ is powerful and well chosen.

I also have the Broadcast Dual and the Motorcycle - the Sidecar is probably my favourite of them all, and it certainly gets the most use of the three.  The others are very very good too though.
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    octatonic said:
    mo6020 said:
    I don't like Tubscreamers, which is why I guess I sort of sidelined it.
    It simply isn't one though.

It just sounds fat and gnarly, esp with Fender circuit amps.
    Thank you for enabling me. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    I have made clones of the Broadcast Dual and Sidecar. To my surprise the Sidecar won me over more than the Broadcast. This is probably mostly specific to my needs; running into the front of a crunchy amp the mid-pish of the sidecar works better. The Broadcast cleans up much better than the Sidecar but with my setup the Sidecar stayed. I am about to build a germanium range master with a range control... I suspect this will replace the Sidecar but we'll see. 
  • Im a massive fan of Hudson pedals in general, i have 2 Broadcasts, standard one and the foot switchable 24v one with acres of headroom. Really fancy trying one of these.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33803
    Im a massive fan of Hudson pedals in general, i have 2 Broadcasts, standard one and the foot switchable 24v one with acres of headroom. Really fancy trying one of these.
    The Broadcast has replaced the Klon as my 'always on' pedal.

• TJT1979TJT1979 Frets: 188
    Tried my Sidecar at rehearsal today with gain at zero. It works great as a tone shaper, and with the gain down, into a dirty amp it cleans up nicely (with higher gain from the pedal, the mediocre cleanup was my only real complaint before). Happy camper. 
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    mo6020 said:
    I dont like Tubescreamers either, but I liked the Sidecar so much I had two on my board, one low gain one high and toggled between them with a Gigrig, Just fabulous!

I dont use any pedals at all now, so sold them on, but if I needed a drive pedal the Sidecar is what I would go for
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonic said:
    Im a massive fan of Hudson pedals in general, i have 2 Broadcasts, standard one and the foot switchable 24v one with acres of headroom. Really fancy trying one of these.
    The Broadcast has replaced the Klon as my 'always on' pedal.

I do exactly the same ! I quite often run it into a klon as well . Just an awesome pedal the broadcast! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Im a massive fan of Hudson pedals in general, i have 2 Broadcasts, standard one and the foot switchable 24v one with acres of headroom. Really fancy trying one of these.
     I had both at one point too but after doing a side by side I noticed the dual footswitch one had a higher noise floor and was generally quieter in operation. Both of them operated at 24v, ended up shifting the standard one in the end.