Kingsley range explainer?

What's Hot
stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
Can anyone who's had more than one give a bit of clarity on the Kingsley range? 

I have a Page which I absolutely adore (genuinely my favourite OD out of the 40+ I've had), and looking for something else to give a little bit "more". I'm thinking Harlot is probably that, but I also see the Minstrel exists and I'm not sure how they differ beyond the extra TMB controls on the Minstrel? 
The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• tweedphantweedphan Frets: 51
    edited January 8
    I have the Page, Minstrel and Constable. The descriptions that Simon Jarrett gives on his website are pretty accurate. However more information and opinions can be found on the Kingsley thread on The Gear Page forum. In fact a lot of information……..
  • GassageGassage Frets: 30927
    This order;
    Page, Minstrel, Harlot, Constable is a MIB.
    The rest are doubles, more or less.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• MrSwansonMrSwanson Frets: 456
    Minstrel is definitely 'smoother' than the Harlot, but the Harlot has more gain on tap. I swear I saw some thread that described the Harlot as occupying the same space as the Page except with more gain, but can't find it anywhere now.
    View my trading feedback here: http://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/58681/
  • StuartMac290StuartMac290 Frets: 1467
    MrSwanson said:
    Minstrel is definitely 'smoother' than the Harlot, but the Harlot has more gain on tap. I swear I saw some thread that described the Harlot as occupying the same space as the Page except with more gain, but can't find it anywhere now.

That's kind of how I see it. What I love about the Page is the way it just sounds like an extension of the amp. I told Simon I wanted something the same but just a bit more all round and he said it was definitely the Harlot. 
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1621
    http://kingsleyamplifiers.com/products/pedals/19/

Minstrel V3, which I have, is very versatile and covers most bases. Simon describes it as being Page-like at certain settings. It does low-gain supremely well but has a lot more on tap (literally, with the More button) 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5279
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27091
    Cheers all. I've pinged Simon re a Harlot already, so good to know that sounds like roughly what I'm after. Not that I'm in any doubt that they're all fantastic, tbh

This video also hasn't hurt one bit! 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • prlgmnrprlgmnr Frets: 3990
    Thought this was a new product announcement
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • impmannimpmann Frets: 12667
    Easy... this one is expensive and this one is expensiver... ;-)
    Never Ever Bloody Anything Ever.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    impmann said:
    Easy... this one is expensive and this one is expensiver... ;-)
    Yeah but they really are ridiculously good pedals. I’m struggling to get remotely excited by any flavour of OD since getting my Page, which isn’t like me at all!! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 379
    edited January 9
    I'm in a similar position. I took delivery of a Page a few weeks ago & it's easily the best overdrive pedal I've ever tried.

I'd like some more options though & I've been looking at the Mason. It's based on the Page but with more mids & slightly more gain.

Have you seen the Page TS - it literally has a “more” switch!

There's some good info in that massive Gear Page thread referenced above.

@breadfan Yeah the Page is just incredible, isn't it? I keep going on about it but it's just astonishingly great. I did see the Page TS as well. That might be next, but I'll see how I get on with the Harlot (which also has a More switch :)
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    I’ve to a Page, Constable, and Jester and have previously had a V2 Harlot and V3 Harlot.

As you’ve mentioned above, there is information somewhere that the Harlot is basically the same circuit as a Page with higher gain. I can confirm that the V3 Harlot on low gain settings definitely sounds like the Page.

I didn’t run the V2 in lower gain while I had it, but I must say I vastly preferred the V2 to the V3. It’s probably down to the single tone control doing all the work of the newer 4 knob V3. I just couldn’t seem to dial in the same immediately great tone I got from the V2. I regret selling the V2!

Constable is MIAB - and the best MIAB I ever did try - it’s a simply glorious pedal! I also sometimes run it low gain into the front of my Bad Cat, and my word it’s stellar! 

Jester is basically a Minstrel with a valve boost side. Much smoother than the Page/Harlot and again, stunning. The boost side is also great - running this as a mid boost into the Constable is again, absolutely ridiculous! 

I’d love another V2 Harlot and the fuzz sounds great too!
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    Oh, and the Squire 86 too! Would hopefully give me my Bad Cat tone in pedal format to save me houghing the amp around all the time
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    breadfan said:
    I'm in a similar position. I took delivery of a Page a few weeks ago & it's easily the best overdrive pedal I've ever tried.

I'd like some more options though & I've been looking at the Mason. It's based on the Page but with more mids & slightly more gain.

Have you seen the Page TS - it literally has a “more” switch!

There's some good info in that massive Gear Page thread referenced above.
    Reminds me of the Mach Schau! footswitch on my old Dr Robert pedal.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • JohnPerryJohnPerry Frets: 1621
    I had a Page a few years back and loved it. I seem to recall though that dialling the gain to break-up levels added a lot of volume to a clean tone unless the Page's volume control was dialled back to only a little above zero. 

Out of interest is that so with the TS?