Randy Rhoads. doc on Prime video

What's Hot
LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 58
edited January 9 in Music
Interesting documentary on prime video’ on the life of the guitar legend.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• mudslide73mudslide73 Frets: 3073
    I watched it - mainly concentrates on the Quiet Riot story. Well worth your time imo. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 718
    Thanks for that, will watch later. I saw Randy with Ozzy on the first Blizzard tour at Newcastle City Hall. Unforgettable gig.
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robertyroberty Frets: 10893
    Thanks for the heads up, it looks good

Link here for anyone interested: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/video/detail/B0B5PXYGFM/ref=atv_dp_share_cu_r
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 58
    edited January 9
    Thanks for that, will watch later. I saw Randy with Ozzy on the first Blizzard tour at Newcastle City Hall. Unforgettable gig.
    Yeah I saw him at Hammersmith Odeon and also at the Chelmsford Odeon on the BoOZ tour - tbh’ I think I spent most of the time watching Ozzy!!  Just couldn’t comprehend back then what an absolute genius he ( RR ) was.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    What date would that have been?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11705
    LessPaul said:
    Yeah I saw him at Hammersmith Odeon and also at the Chelmsford Odeon on the BoOZ tour - tbh’ I think I spent most of the time watching Ozzy!!  Just couldn’t comprehend back then what an absolute genius he ( RR ) was.
    Ah-ha.  The Chelmsford gig - were Budgie and/or Saxon on the bill?  I was gear-humping for a BoOz gig at Chelmsford - 1979/1980?  Budgie/Saxon could have been a separate evening...
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16294

Offset said:
    LessPaul said:
    Ah-ha.  The Chelmsford gig - were Budgie and/or Saxon on the bill?  I was gear-humping for a BoOz gig at Chelmsford - 1979/1980?  Budgie/Saxon could have been a separate evening...

Oddly enough Budgie supporting BofO was part of the chip pan story so that did happen at some point. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 718
    Offset said:
    What date would that have been?
    17th September 1980, Budgie support - I have a constant reminder on my wall :-)

I watched most of the doc last night - thought it was really good although like a lot of these low budget music docs they obviously didn't pay to license the music. Great to see so much footage of Randy playing with Quiet Riot. I have the first Quiet Riot album with Randy on bootleg vinyl - it's pretty awful!

Fun fact - I actually sent a tape and photos to Ozzy's management when they were looking for a replacement for Randy - I was about 17 at the time and nowhere near good enough but gave it a shot. I got a nice "thanks but no thanks" letter signed by Sharon. Still have it somewhere.

0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I saw them on that first tour at Southampton Gaumont I think, great band, Lee Kerslake and Bob Daisley if memory serves. Randy was a star even then, gone far too soon.
  • LessPaulLessPaul Frets: 58
    Offset said:
    LessPaul said:
    It was indeed budgie :+1: 
  • FelineGuitarsFelineGuitars Frets: 11594
    tFB Trader

I had the pleasure of visiting Musonia Music School and meeting with Randy’s mum and brother about 21 years ago, with a girlfriend who had been a childhood friend of Randy’s and learnt to play drums from Doug/Kelle and played in the Musonia band. It was like the whole place was a time capsule.
    Mrs Rhoads was still teaching even at this advanced age.

Many guitars have a re-sale value. Some you'll never want to sell.
    Stockist of: Earvana & Graphtech nuts, Faber Tonepros & Gotoh hardware, Fatcat bridges. Highwood Saddles.

Pickups from BKP, Oil City & Monty's pickups.

Expert guitar repairs and upgrades - fretwork our speciality! www.felineguitars.com.  Facebook too!

0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SchmoSchmo Frets: 170
    My first gig...BofOzz & Budgie, 13th September Dundee Caird Hall...a life changer no doubt !