Boss IR2 verses line 6 HX stomp

BarneyBarney Frets: 616
edited January 10 in FX
Not really a comparison but is anyone with both like to share the pros and cons .....IV been really interested in the IR 2 as a practice /rehearsal type of thing ...but is the line 6 HX a similar thing but with FX on ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• pt22pt22 Frets: 274
    I have the IR-2, and while I’ve not had the HX Stomp I’ve had a Headrush MX5 for a spell so I’m familiar with the concept.

They are two very different things with different goals and in different price brackets. 

What will be amplifying the sound, or will this be purely a headphone solution? Do you have a board you’ll be connecting this up to? Do you want/need an endless variety of effects? Just basic amp modelling? 

Maybe this shouldn’t be in FX£. 
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 616
    pt22 said:
    I have the IR-2, and while I’ve not had the HX Stomp I’ve had a Headrush MX5 for a spell so I’m familiar with the concept.

They are two very different things with different goals and in different price brackets. 

What will be amplifying the sound, or will this be purely a headphone solution? Do you have a board you’ll be connecting this up to? Do you want/need an endless variety of effects? Just basic amp modelling? 

Maybe this shouldn’t be in FX£. 
    I think I put it in the wrong section IV tried to alter it not sure iff successful though

Yeah it would be mainly for backup or rehearsal I have a few other FX that I could add iff needed but basically I just need clean ..drive ...solo drive as in maybe marshall ...delay reverb and a volume boost .,..it probably wouldn't replace my amps ..

I would probably be using it through any amp available for rehearsal/ live or a PA system I think I would find that hard though 
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I have the IR2, and have had  a few stomps in the past.  I'm undecided about the IR2 at the moment tbh.  I quite like it but I'm not blown away by it.   Finding I'm going down an IR rabbit hole again with it which is not what I want to do.
      I always struggled with the stomp amp modelling in a band situation especially for clean sounds, but it is a great unit.

for your use case I'd look at the humboldt simplifier tbh..   Or something like a quilter toneblock  which is my goto for rehearsing/ festivals/back up options.