"JWJ" - British made - anyone any hands on experience ?

What's Hot
bertiebertie Frets: 13569
Mrs Bert knowing Im on the lookout for something new/special, sent me this.........................   personally never heard of them but its got my interest up -

The "parlor"    wow, that is some lovely tone........if the 13th join is part of the reason (as well as the woods), then Im in

So - being so "new" obviously pricks the cautious button,  so anyone here had any hands on experience ?  Owning or merely playing ?

thankee my 'ansomes

just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
 just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JasonJason Frets: 1103
    tFB Trader
    They are at The Guitar Show in March
    The Guitar Show, Cranmore Park, Birmingham | Website | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter | Podcast
  • I played one at the last guitar show that we did, and my brief experience indicates that these are very nice guitars at a a good price. I'd suggest going to a show and speaking to the man himself - very helpful and approachable sort of guy.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    just checked and I see RIch will be at Bristol in April  - that a wee bit too far in the future really................ but.........................
  • thomasross20thomasross20 Frets: 4437
    Have heard of these. I think the bridge being moved down (like Gibson and Larrivee do) is the key bit - at least it looks like it is. Can't remember where I heard of them but heard good things 
    I emailed Rich yesterday and he came back to me within a few hours with good information/details, very accomodating and  -   massively competetive pricing

Looks like I'll have to wait until April !!   -  chance to save some more pennies I guess.................
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    edited January 11
    bertie said:
    just checked and I see RIch will be at Bristol in April  - that a wee bit too far in the future really................ but.........................
    Birmingham show in early March? I could pick you up somewhere near the M5… 
    Red ones are better. 
    TimmyO said:
    bertie said:
    Birmingham show in early March? I could pick you up somewhere near the M5… 

thanks for the kind offer mate,  cant do early March............
  • I tried one at Knighton music shop - they sounded and played very well. I liked their paired down look.
    looking at the build quality I was really impressed. We have some great uk guitar builders at the moment and jwj are up there