SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

Oil City biggest workshop clearout yet part 1: pickups

What's Hot
OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10414
edited January 11 in Parts £ tFB Trader
Okay .... I've split this workshop clearout into two parts due to there being so much stuff the first part is the pickups ... second part will be the hardware ... coming up soon. 
PLEASE in the light of scams on here of late don't use PayPal Friends and family if you buy these, use 'PayPal Goods and Services' ... I cop a tiny amount of fees but you get peace of mind ... If you want a pickup or pickups PM me and I'll give you Pay Pal payment details, lets all stay safe! 

Anyway 

First up a lovely pair of long leg 50mm spaced alnico 4 Masterwound Beanos with vintage hookup wire. Sand cast magnets, wooden spacers ... my classic PAF.  Brand new, boxed and guaranteed but the zebra bobbins under the covers had a small scratch, so popped the covers on and short dip potted. 
Normal price £273.00 the pair.  £165.00 delivered!  SOLD

Another bridge Masterwound Beano
50mm spaced with vintage hookup wire. Sand cast magnets, wooden spacers off white bobbins under the cover. Brand new boxed and guaranteed. customer wanted off white bobbins ... then changed his mind ... so this has parchment not cream bobbins under cover.
Normal Price £136.50  £90 delivered   

PRE-BS-62 Masterwound Strat set with New Old Stock Heavy Formvar wire 
This is the first test set I wound with the early late 60s early 1970s heavy formvar wire and as such the winding wasn't as neat as it is usually (I was getting used to the old wire). This makes no difference to the performance and they will sound fantastic. It does make for a huge bargain however ... these are new boxed and guaranteed. 
My normal Pre BS 62 sets with modern Heavy Formvar wire are £218.00 Grab a bargain for £110.00 delivered! SOLD 

Now here's a rarity - the prototype set of Neo-X-Breeds! 
These are not new ... I fitted them to our red tester Strat for the 2020 Birmingham show where quite a few of you will have had a go on them. They have spent the pandemic sitting on the red Strat but that was due to host yet more pickups ... so ... these have had new leads fitted and a bit of a spruce up but they are not new ... one has a tiny crack (cosmetic only and you have to look closely to see it) in the end of the bobbin. So sold as used, but I will still lifetime guarantee them. 52mm spaced bridge. Four conductor wired.
For those who don't know ... 13k bridge, 9.7k neck, Bridge half neodymium (bass strings) half ceramic (treble strings). Neck half neodymium half alnico 5. Tight bass, singing top end.
A new set will cost you just shy of £300.00 ... and they are special order at the moment so take a while to get produced.
These are yours for £105 delivered! SOLD 

Stone Tone Neck pickup Perhaps not as exciting as the pickups above, but brand new, guaranteed and boxed.
Normal price £55 ... yours for £35.00 delivered

Liquidator 1/4 inch magnet 14k bridge pickup new and guaranteed. I noticed some tiny chips on the bevelled tops of a couple of pole pieces so it's new boxed and guaranteed but a 'second' Normal price £79.00 £55.00 delivered  
Summer of Love 67 Masterwound neck pickup 7.6k New, boxed and guaranteed but some slight scratches on nickel cover normal price £105 Yours for £60 delivered   Neck SOLD subject to collection ( bridge Liquidator still available)  
Or take the pair for £100 delivered!!! they'll go well together.

Last but not least yep ... it's a 9.7k It's my take on a Trisonic style bridge pickup replacement ... correct magnets, air coil ... etc etc. 
Would be great in a project strat (you'd have to open out the scratchplate) ... this is an unusual one ... so £40 delivered  
Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments