Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

I am a wazzock...

What's Hot
13»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 28457
    I should probably have a play with a GT-100. I think the HD500 may suit me better, but it seems wise to actually find out. How many delays can you have at the same time as tremolo and phaser?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Sporky said:
    I should probably have a play with a GT-100. I think the HD500 may suit me better, but it seems wise to actually find out. How many delays can you have at the same time as tremolo and phaser?
    You get a dedicated delay slot, which has a range of types. You then also get FX1 and FX2, which are more generic slots with a range of effects, one of which is the sub delay which is a 1000ms delay - effectively can do half notes at 100bpm, but probably not whole notes.

So you could have:

FX1 set to flanger/phaser/tremolo, delay effect set to reverse mode, FX2 set to sub delay. Or....
    FX1 set to tremolo, FX2 set to phaser, delay effect set to regular digital mode.

It's not quite as flexible as the HD500, but if I am totally honest, I am really really bored of the "Line 6 sound" ... their effects are tired, don't offer much clarity or functionality, and so having 8 crappy delays at once isn't all that tantalizing.

I reckon the HD500's amp stuff is probably better (seems to be the general consensus anyway) but I'm not buying it for that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17645
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    Oi! I got told off for a rape joke recently, settle down!
    I merely meant that shortly someone will say to Dave "See here old boy, looks like you've dropped the bally old soap. Mind you don't take a tumble!"
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I don't know the figures for the GT-100 but it looks like 6 for the HD500.
    Linky
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Drew_fx said:
    Oi! I got told off for a rape joke recently, settle down!
    I merely meant that shortly someone will say to Dave "See here old boy, looks like you've dropped the bally old soap. Mind you don't take a tumble!"
    teeeeheeeeee
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2360
    ddlooping said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Well that's no fun, I've been trying hard* to avoid getting any facepalms
    Based on my experience I think it might have been wiser to keep that to yourself. ;)
    :))

I genuinely didn't think of that >:D<

I'm gonna get another 6 billion facepalms for this post, aren't I?

Ah well, might as well go down spectacularly :))

ddlooping said:
    Dave_Mc said:

Well that's no fun, I've been trying hard* to avoid getting any facepalms
    Based on my experience I think it might have been wiser to keep that to yourself. ;)
    Mentioning you are a Facepalm virgin is a bit like dropping the soap in a prison shower. 
    :))