Comments

• bloodandtearsbloodandtears Frets: 1685
    edited January 12
    oh dear no...  the 2x12 weighed a ton; so much so I forgo my vanity and reverted back to the 1x12.. imagine the weight on this!!! hope it comes with a free roadie or chiropractor

edit:

I checked the small print and those items aren't included....  42.8Kg!!! 

My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JetfireJetfire Frets: 1696
    I do wonder how much this is going to cost too. (Purchase price and roadie/chiropractic too)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StefBStefB Frets: 2366
    Its all going full circle.

The 2x12 stretches the limits of weight & portability as it is so surely a powered cab of this nature totally defeats the object of convenience modelling brings?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • StefB said:

The 2x12 stretches the limits of weight & portability as it is so surely a powered cab of this nature totally defeats the object of convenience modelling brings?

not really cos the convenience is in the modeller.. ie multiple amps and cabs...

I assume this cab is about moving more air on a big stage... it may well be on castors but moving it is a two man job for sure...  not something I can do at 1am in a cul-de-sac....  I am not the target audience for this product.

But it would be great in a commercial studio or rehearsal room...
    My trading feedback

is it crazy how saying sentences backwards creates backwards sentences saying how crazy it is?

• StefBStefB Frets: 2366
    edited January 12
    StefB said:

not really cos the convenience is in the modeller.. ie multiple amps and cabs...

I assume this cab is about moving more air on a big stage... it may well be on castors but moving it is a two man job for sure...  not something I can do at 1am in a cul-de-sac....  I am not the target audience for this product.

But it would be great in a commercial studio or rehearsal room...
    Let's hope so and assume Laney have done their research and identified a gap in the market, rather than just because it is good PR making one for Devin Townsend.

I love Laney to bits and have owned many of their products over the years, but they do have a habit of releasing items then discontinuing them very quickly when they realise their bread & butter is only really Lionhearts & Ironhearts these days.
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1483
    I had the LFR 112 and was disappointed from the moment I plugged it in, It made my Axe Fx2 sound like a video game.
    nero1701 said:
    I had the LFR 112 and was disappointed from the moment I plugged it in, It made my Axe Fx2 sound like a video game.
    Have you tried it other similar products? 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1483
    Jetfire said:
    nero1701 said:
    Have you tried it other similar products? 
    The axe was since sold and I returned the LFR
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4729
    nero1701 said:
    That's very odd & the first time I've ever read any negative feedback on the Laney LFR112.   
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • GrumpyrockerGrumpyrocker Frets: 4156
    I guess with so many guitarists using modellers now this is the kind of cab that rehearsal studios and venues might choose to offer as backline. I can't imagine many musicians would want to carry them around. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jetfire said:

is that sarcasm??
    My trading feedback

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    It's still expensive, but not AS as expensive.