Tuners that fit Squier Bullet strat (2018) perfectly? (right size tuning peg hole and screw hole)

I ordered a loaded pickguard from northwest guitars, and forgot to order the trem cover in the same colour, and I don't want to pay £3.50 for a tiny £6 order, so thought maybe I'd buy some new tuners. Does anyone know a set of tuners (preferably wilkinson or similar quality) that would perfectly fit a squier bullet strat with the stock trapezoid tuners? The current tuners have two screw holes, but I wouldn't mind replacing them with tuners that have one screw. The tuning peg hole needs to be the right size, and the one screw hole would need to be the same distance from the tuning peg as the trapezoid tuners. The wilkinson EZ-LOK ones look good, but I don't know if the screw hole lines up.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    edited January 15
    There is a version of the Schaller M6 Mini with two opposing fastening screw lugs. Whether the holes line up is another matter.

Replica Kluson Safety machineheads should fit through the headstock. Their backplates will cover most of the original fastening screw holes. The push-in bushings may be problematic. It might be necessary to obtain the over-sized adapter type.

Given the value of the guitar, I suggest buying your preferred Wilkinson 'heads and not worrying about the six exposed screw holes.

If the guitar has a fixed bridge, there is no advantage to the double-drilled EZ-Lok 'heads. Just tie on properly with the regular type. (I have had the occasional EZ-Lok 'head with razor sharp machining edges left around the drilled stringing holes. These buggers wait until your strings are almost stretched to pitch, then, snip them neatly where the string turns through 90°.)
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom