Marshall bluesbreaker comparison

What's Hot
billandobillando Frets: 32
Last month i started selling a lot of amps with the view of having just a few special ones that i will use regularly. I would like to have a bluesbreaker back in my life again...i have had the normal reissue before but if anybody knows is the white and gold 35th year anniversary just the same except looks? I think it looks so great but probably wouldnt justify the extra cost if its excatly similar. Alternatively, are there better sounding clones and what are they?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• There’s one at at  guitars - https://www.atbguitars.com/1997-marshall-bluesbreaker-white-ex-bryan-adams-band

if that’s the model you’re interested in it’s the same as a regular one - the biggie in these are the speakers - have a look at Johan segborne on yt - there’s Chinese greenbacks & I think there’s a mojotone greenback that’s supposed to be even better - hth
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 893
    ‘Exactly similar’? 
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1160
    I researched some of this before I bought my 2007 1962 Bluesbreaker reissue last year.

Compared to the current reissues that date from 2003 onwards, the 35th Anniversary Bluesbreakers have the power transformer on the wrong axis which causes a lot of noise, and the chassis is labelled Tremelo 50W, so not the same lettering, and possibly not the same circuit as the newer ones and the mid-60s originals. I think the original Tremelo 50W combos were first produced at the end of the 1960s.

The 35th Anniversaries were built in 1997 (hence the name), so there's also a good chance that they have a non-period correct cabinet depth of 9.5 inches. The originals, and the post 2003 reissues have a cabinet depth of 10.5 inches, which enables the use of KT66 valves. It's apparently a tight fit to get these into the 9.5 inch depth cabinets.

Personally I don't like the colour scheme of the 35th Anniversary models, and prefer the original black livery. The differences and flaws of the 35th Anniversary amps also put me off buying one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom