SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD ELSEWHERE: Seagull S8 Mandolin

gabhainnngabhainnn Frets: 2
edited January 24 in Acoustics £

Unique design, smaller than standard but makes a reasonable racket and could be used as a boat paddle in an emergency. I have found that the sound projects forward rather more than it projects upwards, so whilst you might think you are inaudible the people in front of you can hear very well. These are of very solid - and unconventional - construction, the neck extends all the way through to the tailpiece and the "wings" are stuck to the sides.  The top is solid spruce, and I think the back and sides are laminated maple to match the neck. Made in Canada.

Ideal for travel. or as a starter instrument. This was my first mandolin. 

This mandolin has been professionally set up, meaning not by me. when I first got it the nut was cut way too high. This is a common complaint about these - and many other - instruments. From memory, the saddle was lowered a bit too and the frets levelled. It is easy to play.

Seagull recommend quite light strings, D'Addario J73 or equivalent (currently strung with the Newtone equivalent). I have also used TI flat wounds in the past with good results.

Includes the Seagull gig bag. Godin (Seagull / A&L / S&P) gig bags are of pretty good quality. Also includes a free Snark tuner; I have too many tuners as I keep losing them and finding them again.

The only defect is a crack in one of the tuner buttons. This isn't getting any worse, but I've been careful when tuning that string. Apparently this was a common problem with Godin instruments for a while, I did ask GuitarGuitar - who are apparently the UK representatives - if they could source replacements but no joy. I have read that if you can find the right person to talk to then Godin will send you a set for free! Alternatively a spot of superglue might do the trick.

Apart from that it is in good condition, there is the odd ding here and there but nothing that has penetrated the finish.

I've been putting off selling this for ages, but having it around is stopping me from playing my other instruments.

Looking for £275 collected in Leicester, £285 F&F Shipped, £293.81 G&S Shipped.

1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom