Vocal effects pedals. Using the voice as an effect...

What's Hot
Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
I think I have narrowed it down to the Boss VE1, TC Helicon Duplicator or the TC Helicon D1 or the Duplicator.
Main things that interest me are the doubling effects and the reverbs/echos/delays. The octave up or down might be ok too but not essential.
I had the Boss VE20. Decent enough, but I wouldn't need the loopers etc and a lot of redundant effects in it for me. Similar to the TC Voicelive.

The first 3 I mentioned all seem to be quite similar. Any users of the Boss VE1, or the the 2 TC Helicon ones?

Death by Audio make a pretty cool vocal echo pedal, expensive and possibly a gimmick....
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 921
    We've got an Old Blood Noise MAW where I work, but I've not checked it out yet. Friends really rate the Boss and TC vocal stuff in general, although haven't used those specific units.
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1388
    We've got an Old Blood Noise MAW where I work, but I've not checked it out yet. Friends really rate the Boss and TC vocal stuff in general, although haven't used those specific units.
    Ooo, that OBN looks great.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Ooo, that OBN looks great.
    There an echo in here?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9729

Death by Audio make a pretty cool vocal echo pedal, expensive and possibly a gimmick....
    Jack White used one on his last tour, so worth checking if his Glastonbury set is still online to hear some "in context" usage of it
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    I use a TC Helicon Voicelive and the effects are all usable so I've no doubt the single function stompers would be absolutely fine. Vocal effects tend to be fairly neat and tidy and generic compared to some of the weird and wonderful concoctions we see for guitars so generally any of those units will work and don't require a lot of skill in their use either.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6876
    I use a TC Helicon Voicelive and the effects are all usable so I've no doubt the single function stompers would be absolutely fine. Vocal effects tend to be fairly neat and tidy and generic compared to some of the weird and wonderful concoctions we see for guitars so generally any of those units will work and don't require a lot of skill in their use either.
    Ive got the Voicelive Touch 2 - it does the fancy stuff well, but wish it had a better EQ and compressor section - theres no user settings to change for EQ bands and compression threshold/ratio, etc and thats the most important stuff for vocals!
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    mrkb said:
    Ive got the Voicelive Touch 2 - it does the fancy stuff well, but wish it had a better EQ and compressor section - theres no user settings to change for EQ bands and compression threshold/ratio, etc and thats the most important stuff for vocals!
    Thats a fair point, i'm ignorant in that I don't really have the knowledge or skill to be able to mess with that side of things thus it's never really been a drawback for me, but I suppose could be for others
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    Related question (sorry if this is hijacking the thread) - imagining for a moment that you had a singer who was very often a bit flat, do any vocal fx boxes do pitch correction that isn't awful?
    I suspect sadly it's probably easier to tune your band a bit lower
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Related question (sorry if this is hijacking the thread) - imagining for a moment that you had a singer who was very often a bit flat, do any vocal fx boxes do pitch correction that isn't awful?
    The TC Helicon Mic Mechanic is pretty decent, although I don't know how much my friend uses the pitch correction tbh.
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    @thecolourbox Believe me, I've done that already! 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Think i’ll go with the Boss VE1 or TC Duplicator. Boss echo effect might win out there but both will do for me.