SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS Gibson Les Paul Special DC £1000

What's Hot
JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
edited March 17 in Guitars £
Laydeez and Djentlemen

Up for grabs is this gorgeous B&G Stepsister model, in open pore, satin finished mahogany.

Built from high quality tone-woods including African Mahogany for body and neck and Mexican Royal Ebony (Katalox) for the fingerboard. Solid brass hardware and a high-gloss finish help maintain the look, resonance, and tonal qualities of the original Little Sister, with a great bit of spank from the B&G designed P90s.

The body shape is slightly shorter than the better known Little Sister model, joining the neck at the 16th fret, and the fingerboard extends to 22 frets. The neck heel has also been slightly reshaped for easier access to the highest registers. Because the fingerboard is longer, the neck pickup is placed slightly close to the bridge for a brighter and more defined tone than on the Little Sister, and a truly beautiful and “hollow” tonal quality when used in conjunction with the bridge pickup.

Lovely, playable slim soft 'v' neck.  The guitar is also incredibly light, at 5lbs 11oz.

In great nick - a couple of tiny, unphotographable dings on the back, each no more than about 2 mm.  Comes in a B&G fitted hard case, which was an add on to the 'normal' gig bag (which has disappeared in the mists of rock n roll time).

Selling due to, well, GAS.  You know the score

£750 now £700 collected from sunny Barnet, N London / happy to drive out an hour or so to hand over.  As I have the hard case and a box, happy to discuss postage options.

Not really up for trades, but no harm in asking.  Might consider some sub-species of Tele...

Pictures!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Just how Tele like does a trade really need to be??

I have a glorious Vox that apart from being a centre blocked, hollow, set necked, three pickup, 335 sized, Gibson scaled guitar with a Bigsby B70 is exactly like a Tele in every way  :3
    5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JerkMoansJerkMoans Frets: 8794
    dazzajl said:
    Just how Tele like does a trade really need to be??

I have a glorious Vox that apart from being a centre blocked, hollow, set necked, three pickup, 335 sized, Gibson scaled guitar with a Bigsby B70 is exactly like a Tele in every way  :3
    That sounds so much like a telecaster, I'm astonished it doesn't have 'Telecaster' written on the headstock.

That being said, it is violated by the installation of a Bigsby, which is against all known laws of reason and good taste.

For those not drawn to such butchery, this semi-hollow grab-bag of fun is still up for, er, grabs.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Very nice and GLWTS - If it was a non cutaway Little Sister I`d have it in a flash. Having said that, Andertons reviewed the stepsister and gave them a glowing review. Lovely guitar
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Very nice and GLWTS - If it was a non cutaway Little Sister I`d have it in a flash. Having said that, Andertons reviewed the stepsister and gave them a glowing review. Lovely guitar
    Thank you!  Don't think they do the Step Sister model without a cutaway...  It is a lovely guitar but, y'know, GAS. And HMRC.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • DrCorneliusDrCornelius Frets: 7149
    Nice price amigo , deserves to be snapped up by someone 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Now on eBay with a starting price of £700 plus postage - would accept that on here (before anyone bids...) :D 
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Pull up to the bumper, baybeh...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
  • dazzajldazzajl Frets: 5754
    Still sad I can’t drive it in between 

Someone needs to grab this, fantastic price compared to all the others online. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Better value than a Knopfler auction bump.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought the cutaway Little Sister as an 'occasional' jazzer... it gets played most days and it makes me smile every time. Stunning quality guitars.
    'There are plenty more guitars in the sea'
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • AmigoAmigo Frets: 119
    Ain't she a beauty?
    Amigo said:
    Ain't she a beauty?
    Damn straight, and available for a bargain price :)

For those keen to know about nut width, fingerboard radius, fret 12 thickness and similar arcana, full specs available to view here.
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited February 10
    ***SOLD***: EJ Strat in sunburst.  

Well used, will boot up more photos shortly.  Frets worn, but still very playable.  neck also worn, but nothing that affects playability.  Adds to the whole relic vibe.

I recently changed the pick guard to a tort celluloid, as pictured, but I have the original white one which will ship with the guitar.

have removed 2 of the springs to make the trem functional, but again will ship those removed with the instrument.

No hard case with this one, but happy to ship, wrapped to withstand an air drop.

£1k.  Happy to discuss postage options.

***NOW SOLD***

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Strat now sold; Step Sister still up for grabs - various trade propositions but nothing that's quite rocked my casbah...
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    edited February 25
    ADDED: GIBSON LP SPECIAL DC

Laydeez and Djentlemen: feast your peepers on this sexy little number.

1999 Les Paul Special DC.

Unbound slim 60s style neck, with these groovy ?crown ?quadrilateral inlays.

P90s (possibly P100s - not sure which sub-species: is there a way to tell - see pics - alleged SDs but the stickers look a little sus?), but with all the spank and raunch one might gently wish for, and plenty more besides.

After market decent set of Grover tuners and some quality strap locks.   And, as is my wont, equipped by my chums at Custom Cool Etch with this (to me, stunning) oak leaf/acorn design scratch plate.  Plenty of elvish/Green Man of legend shit going down.

Finished a slightly subtle cinnamon off-red.

Original black scratch plate will come with the instrument (one pic shows the same).

Anyroadup, plays like a dream (but for the limitations of the player) - light, resonant, the p90s are v dynamic and responsive.

Bit hard to price - only other one I can find is about £1500, in Japan.  I say £1200, now only £1,050 here, in the cost of living crisis.

Selling as I'm over-leveraged in the GAS economy, and may - actually - be homing in on the 'one(s)'.

The thing is, I have no case, and unsure what kind to buy, so while I can shove it in a gig bag, this will have to be pick up/meet up.  90 min each way radius from Barnet should get me to Watford Gap/Winchester services etc.

Pictures!

Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Ferrari red, I'm told ;)
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    Bump L Stiltskin
    Inactivist Lefty Lawyer
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom