Bigsby, or other type of vibrato unit on this guitar? Could it work and how?

What's Hot
Inspired by this man, I am looking again at a Danelectro Convertible. Here is a clip of his with a vibrato unit.
I like the trashy sound out of these guitars, something a bit different.

A fully hollow guitar. A bigsby might be way too heavy, but maybe a short one with a hinge, if one exists, or a licensed one.
Or else maybe one of those vintage which is 25 quid on Ali Express Not sure how it would fit on the Dano.

Dano
Alan-Sparhawk-love-that-guitar
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    Possibly a bit more than you want to spend, but this Gibson-style one would work -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/305271907270

- either in 'trapeze' mode with the plate on the end of the guitar, or in flat-mount mode, since the four screws at the back would go where the original two are. (Which aren't actually large enough, going by my one!)

If you want to keep the weight down you could leave the cover off, it's not functional.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1389
    @ICBM at yes , I had not considered that model and did not know you could detach the plate. Thanks!
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72485
    I probably should have mentioned to check the length as well - that’s quite a long tailpiece even with the back end hanging over the rim in ‘trapeze’ mode, and the Dano is not the longest guitar body.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• Creed_ClicksCreed_Clicks Frets: 1389
    edited January 22
    ICBM said:
    I probably should have mentioned to check the length as well - that’s quite a long tailpiece even with the back end hanging over the rim in ‘trapeze’ mode, and the Dano is not the longest guitar body.
    I saw one with a short bigsby mounted on top and a tuneomatic style bridget. It looked ok

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cvk7gqCA1Gu/?igsh=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==