SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTB: 6x chrome keystone/tulip (D04) tuner buttons to fit Schaller

timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2413
edited January 23 in Parts £
Long story short, the tuners on my LTD have suffered corrosion, which I've posted about previously, and the only drop-in replacements came with the wrong tuner buttons.

The only place I could get the chrome keystone buttons was Axesrus, but they only had four, so I need two more!
EDIT: turns out the product description on Axesrus is incorrect and they don't fit Schaller, so I need a full set of six, and Schaller don't sell them anymore.

So please search your parts drawers and let me know if you have two a set of six of these going spare that will fit Schaller, and I will pay you for them. The actual tuners in question are Schallers, but I believe Schaller, Hipshot, Grover, Gotoh etc all use the same buttons, at least when it comes to ones that are secured with screws through the tip. lol nope, see Funkfingers' comment below.

Thanks!

Tim
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14572
    I'm not so sure that all of those brands use holes through their centres of identical cross-section. Instead, they will be shaped to fit the shafts - so will the washers. Screw thread pitches may also vary.

Individual buttons should be available from the Schaller on-line shop.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2413
    Cheers Funkfinger - hadn't thought to check Schaller themselves! Unfortunately they only sell M6 or B4 buttons.

It could be that Axesrus or BTN or Glued to Music get stock in some time soon, but I figured it couldn't hurt to ask if anyone has any lying around, given the parts accumulation of some people here.
    Tim
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2413
    I'm not so sure that all of those brands use holes through their centres of identical cross-section. Instead, they will be shaped to fit the shafts - so will the washers. Screw thread pitches may also vary.

Individual buttons should be available from the Schaller on-line shop.
    Well, that's me educated!

I'd trusted AxesRus' product description that the buttons I'd bought would fit, and didn't bother checking as I didn't have all 6. I just tried it with one of them and you're absolutely right, the button will not go on the shaft - the hole in the button is slightly too small.

So now I need to find if anywhere still has stock from when Schaller used to still do keystone buttons, or dare to hope someone might have some lying around.
    Tim