ThorpyFX Tacit Blue on TPS

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
Disclaimer: I’m not usually a fuzz person, despite a fair few experiments with them in the past I tend not to gel with or be inspired by them (closest was the Tonebender I built when I was going through a building/tinkering phase) 

So it was with only general curiosity that I watched the most recent TPS Fuzz roundup. But bloody hell - the Tacit Blue and the sounds they got from it blew my socks off - it was bonkers how much control Mick had from the guitar once he dialled it in, and it seemed just as good with humbuckers.

Anyway, thought I’d mention it - it really stood out for me. May even dust off my old Muffroom Cloud (although I know it’s a very different beast) 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    I haven't watched that TPS yet and I'm still not a mega fuzz guy but this one has me really tempted. To date I've only had 3 fuzzes that really stuck - Thorpy Boneyard & BC108 Fallout and a Benson Germanium. I feel like this could very happily fill that last Fuzzy-Facey spot... 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    The Tacit Blue really pulled some great playing out of Mick Here. That's the sign of a great pedal. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 959
    I got one of these in the initial Special Project run, and I have to say I am keeping it. I'll check out the video though, interesting to see what they do with it. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Thorpy done fuzz before though, non? Silicon and Germanium. 
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    edited January 22
    Thorpy done fuzz before though, non? Silicon and Germanium. 

*Actually there's six previous ones, by my count? Muffroom/Fallout Cloud, Fallout Cloud BC108, The Veteran (Si), The Veteran (Ge), Field Marshall, Boneyard, and now the Tacit Blue
    6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    Lebarque said:
    The Tacit Blue really pulled some great playing out of Mick Here. That's the sign of a great pedal. 
    Yep I thought similar 
    Red ones are better. 
  • Thorpy done fuzz before though, non? Silicon and Germanium. 

*Actually there's six previous ones, by my count? Muffroom/Fallout Cloud, Fallout Cloud BC108, The Veteran (Si), The Veteran (Ge), Field Marshall, Boneyard, and now the Tacit Blue
    I stand publicly corrected. 
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 668
    I haven't watched that TPS yet and I'm still not a mega fuzz guy but this one has me really tempted. To date I've only had 3 fuzzes that really stuck - Thorpy Boneyard & BC108 Fallout and a Benson Germanium. I feel like this could very happily fill that last Fuzzy-Facey spot... 
    This is me, but swap the Benson for a Paul Trombetta. I’ve still got the BC108 and Boneyard which are both stunning, and bought the Tacit Blue not long after it was released, and I think it’s my favourite out of the lot! 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    Just watched it.

That does sound ace. The only fuzz I have ever really liked and kept is my Guitarsystems Fuzztool Jnr, and the new Thorpy is at least equally good.
  • pt22pt22 Frets: 274
    edited January 22
    That was a pretty great demo by the TPS guys. I passed on this for the Have Blue, which I do love, because none of the demos really shined. Shame as I should have just bought both from the start. 

Edit- apparently they are still available on Thorpy’s site. Oh well, there goes all the recent pedal clear out cash…
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NeilybobNeilybob Frets: 788
    Thought it would be sharing the link 

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    This is me, but swap the Benson for a Paul Trombetta. I’ve still got the BC108 and Boneyard which are both stunning, and bought the Tacit Blue not long after it was released, and I think it’s my favourite out of the lot! 
    That's great to know - we always seem to be very similar in terms of gear sensibilities! 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • m_cm_c Frets: 1243
    Thorpy done fuzz before though, non? Silicon and Germanium. 

I think that's the full list, although SP3 is still to be released, which I suspect may also contain some form of fuzziness.
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3876
    TimmyO said:
    Lebarque said:
    Yep I thought similar 
    It also prompted an orgasm face from Dan Here, but that's nothing to write home about.