New Bigsby Day…(Epiphone Sheraton)

What's Hot
chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
This came with an Epiphone Tremotone which was actually a really decent trem, but I knew I’d be getting a Bigsby for this when I bought it. I’m very happy with it…

Bad lighting, but you get the idea!

0reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72366
    At least it doesn't have that big piece of sideboard attached to it now :).

An interesting thing about the Tremotone is that it's one of the earliest (maybe *the* earliest, but I'm not sure) vibratos designed to bend chords more in tune, by having different sized rollers for the six strings - it only works with a wound 3rd though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Gerz6558Gerz6558 Frets: 777
    Looks great. Do you still feel like it was worth the price?

Would have liked to have got one, but because I'm old enough to remember epiphones being half the price not so long ago it's tough to drop the cash!

I bought one of the sparkling burgundy Riviera's a few years ago. It was pretty good.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    Gerz6558 said:
    Looks great. Do you still feel like it was worth the price?

Would have liked to have got one, but because I'm old enough to remember epiphones being half the price not so long ago it's tough to drop the cash!

I bought one of the sparkling burgundy Riviera's a few years ago. It was pretty good.
    I genuinely do think it was worth it. It’s a really good guitar that I enjoy playing, and I play it a lot. It took me a while to accept the price before buying, but I have no regrets now. It’s a keeper.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    Awesome!
  • KylefKylef Frets: 1042
    Looks great! Can I ask where you got the all-gold Bigsby? Bit of a rarity round these parts.
    Kylef said:
    Looks great! Can I ask where you got the all-gold Bigsby? Bit of a rarity round these parts.
    Yeah, I really wanted the all-gold so got it from the US…

https://www.amplifiedparts.com/products/vibrato-bigsby-b7-arch-top-electrics-gold-face

• UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12902
    ICBM said:
    At least it doesn't have that big piece of sideboard attached to it now :).

An interesting thing about the Tremotone is that it's one of the earliest (maybe *the* earliest, but I'm not sure) vibratos designed to bend chords more in tune, by having different sized rollers for the six strings - it only works with a wound 3rd though.
    Have we talked about Kemp strings before? I can't remember... 
  • BasherBasher Frets: 1206
    Beautiful guitar. Classy addition.
    Daylight photo…

0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • neilaspinneilaspin Frets: 3
    That really does look amazing. Is there a hole there? Do you reckon you could stick a Bigsby on one of these? 
    https://guitar-compare.com/product/epiphone-sheraton-50th-anniversary-1962-cherry-2012/
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7876
    neilaspin said:
    That really does look amazing. Is there a hole there? Do you reckon you could stick a Bigsby on one of these? 
    https://guitar-compare.com/product/epiphone-sheraton-50th-anniversary-1962-cherry-2012/
    Not without drilling holes.  
    neilaspin said:
    There is one hole visible on mine, from the Tremotone, but there wouldn’t be on the one in your link.