Multi modulation?

What's Hot
thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
edited January 23 in FX
I’ve been using a strymon mobius for years and to me it’s the best multi modulation pedal.

anything else to look at ? Needs to have a screen plus presets that are nameable and easy to change. Not bothered about midi.  I think it needs to have at least two switchable patches available like the Mobius/MD500.

Fx I use mainly are tremolo, light chorus, flanger, phaser, and occasionally rotary.  For those, I’ve found the mobius by far to sound the best compared to the below.

for context I’ve owned and sold the following:
line 6 hx, stomp, m5
boss gt1000, core, md500; md200
tc plethora, nova modulator, nova system
wampler terraform
Zoom msg50, g3, g5

i did have a fractal fx8 which was great and as good as if not better than the mobius,  but too big and quite fiddly to setup

Anything newer that sounds awesome ?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    I've had a bunch of those pedals as well and there was something indefinable about the Mobius that made it special.

Oddly, the other one I really like is my Zoom MS50G which costs nothing. It's compromised because of the form factor but it sounds brilliant.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2328
    I've had a bunch of those pedals as well and there was something indefinable about the Mobius that made it special.

Oddly, the other one I really like is my Zoom MS50G which costs nothing. It's compromised because of the form factor but it sounds brilliant.
    I had the zoom actually! Found it too fiddly for live work tbh. Will add it and the g3 / g5 to the list
  • chrisj1602chrisj1602 Frets: 3968
    I note you’ve had the HX Stomp, but the HX One is a great little unit. The Flux feature is useful for modulations. Plus you get another 200+ effects and whatever might follow beyond 3.7.
  • TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4792
    Hard to disagree with you, thomasw88. The only ones on your list that I haven't tried are the Zoom and the Boss MDs. I put a GT1000Core on my board for delays, reverbs and mods with the idea that the Mobius would go as a result (I use chorus, autowah(filter), autoswell, flanger and vintage trem). The Mobius has stayed, as all the Boss mod effects sounded flat in comparison. There's a richness about the Mobius. Maybe it doesn't translate in a live mix, but it does inspire me. 

Trying an H90, now. It's on the board instead of the GT1000Core and I really like the delays and reverbs on it. The basic mod sounds (chorus, autowah, trem, flange ported from H9 algorithms) are also nice and work well, but I haven't had the time yet to dial in any Mobius-killers or test everything out. That's my project for next weekend. The buffers and converters are fab, too. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    HX One is (as of about 10 days ago) my go-to for this exact function. Also virtual capo and delays.

imo it's the perfect "feature sound" pedal
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • GFI Synesthesia is also a good shout (not just because I have one for sale!). Between that and HX One for me...I also tried H90, Terraform and Mobius but there was something about those that I didn't like. GFI allows two effects and stacking which is obviously a plus over HX One but clearly nowhere near as many effects.
    GFI Synesthesia is also a good shout (not just because I have one for sale!). Between that and HX One for me...I also tried H90, Terraform and Mobius but there was something about those that I didn't like. GFI allows two effects and stacking which is obviously a plus over HX One but clearly nowhere near as many effects.
    That looks interesting.  Will have a look at some vids for it.
    edited January 23
    HX One is (as of about 10 days ago) my go-to for this exact function. Also virtual capo and delays.

The only thing that puts me off the HX one is that in units like the Mobius Its easy to flip between patches/Banksy using your foot  on stage. I think with the HX one its not as simple as that? 
    So in some songs I'll use a chorus in a verse and then a flanger in a solo or something like that, and then next song hold two switches down with my foot to change banks.
    swapping between them  needs to be seamless,

Plus I had the HX stomp/HX effects (albeit it at least a couple of years ago), and the modulations were simply not as good as the mobius  in my opinion. 
     At one time I think I had the Stomp, MD500, Terraform and Mobius  at the same time or at least 3 or them... and when comparing them the Mobius just sounded  better.  
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27080
    thomasw88 said:

The only thing that puts me off the HX one is that in units like the Mobius Its easy to flip between patches/Banksy using your foot  on stage. I think with the HX one its not as simple as that? 
    So in some songs I'll use a chorus in a verse and then a flanger in a solo or something like that, and then next song hold two switches down with my foot to change banks.
    swapping between them  needs to be seamless,

Plus I had the HX stomp/HX effects (albeit it at least a couple of years ago), and the modulations were simply not as good as the mobius  in my opinion. 
     At one time I think I had the Stomp, MD500, Terraform and Mobius  at the same time or at least 3 or them... and when comparing them the Mobius just sounded  better.  
    With the HXone it's just press both switches to go into preset mode, then scroll up/down to the one you need and come out of Preset mode again to activate it (or you can set it to activate immediately while you're still in the list). One thing it doesn't have is banks, but it's easy to set minimal numbers of patches to scroll to make life easy. 

It's even easier is with an Aux or MIDI switch.  

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires