Why play 2 chords, or more, when one is more than enough - Yes we can can

guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
edited January 23 in Music tFB Trader
Was listening to BBC R2 last night and the Blues Show and it finished off with the Pointer Sisters and Yes We Can Can - I don't think I've heard this before, for some reason - But wow - Sure as hell teaches you how to groove, or how you need to learn to groove

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzZkjjENj_w
0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• JfingersJfingers Frets: 369
    @guitars4you I'm going to show that to Mrs J later. I know she'll like it much as I do. Thanks for that.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Yep this is a common tendency for me and a lot of other people i assume. So tempting to over complicate unnecessarily. 
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 14273
    tFB Trader
    Yep this is a common tendency for me and a lot of other people i assume. So tempting to over complicate unnecessarily. 
    I've done a bit of playing along with it - Granted you can use various inversions of Cm to 'jazz' it up - Plus the odd 'repetitive' 2/3/4 note riff either on its own or with part of a Cm chord - I could imagine someone like Danish Pete and a Looper having good fun with it, yet equally they can add to much - As I said, it is all about the groove
  • GoFishGoFish Frets: 1415
    A song written by the incomprable Allen Toussaint, who is a bit of a hero of mine. The man who marshalled The Meters hasa lot of funk to share! Little factoid: He was taught / mentored by Fats Domino - just to give some idea of the family history of New Orleans Funk.

The magic in this video is all in the performance, of course. It's electric.
    Ten years too late and still getting it wrong
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    That's the best thing I've heard so far this year. Thanks for posting!
  • Great Stuff....
  • Wild. Nothing to spare, everything exactly where it needs to be. Perfect.