Rob Wienbrock RIP

What's Hot
Ive just read the sad new that Rob died last week. A wonderful guy and great builder 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 11901
    That's so sad, he was a great guy, and made some amazing amps for me
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mgawmgaw Frets: 5263
    First decent amp I owned was a Weinbrock ME 1?  Loved it and he was very helpful on the phone when I had a few questions 
  • That's so sad, he was a great guy, and made some amazing amps for me
    I bought one off you from memory. He was a really great guy. Moved back to states a good few years ago but was always commenting on stuff on Facebook and always friendly. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Blimey. Just finished playing on my Wienbrock HOBO I managed to pickup last November and see this. Superb amp builder and really helpful with enquires despite his amps being no longer in production. RIP.
  • PetepassionPetepassion Frets: 853
    Recently bought a Gringo combo, brilliant amp, sad he’s no longer here.
    ‘It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society’
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12328
    I met him in Sounds Great in Wilmslow (Also RIP), I didn't know who he was until he said, "I make those" When I was playing through one. Had a brief chat and he told me things I didn't understand about amps lol, nice man, RIP Rob.
    "OUR TOSSPOT"
  • I met him in Sounds Great in Wilmslow (Also RIP), I didn't know who he was until he said, "I make those" When I was playing through one. Had a brief chat and he told me things I didn't understand about amps lol, nice man, RIP Rob.
    Yeah he had fantastic knowledge. Was ex US Army and also did very high end home audio so his (and James') work was up there with the best. Sounds Great was a great shop too
    I used to drive to the Mill he made them in, a few floors up in Sowerby Bridge.
    I remember when he gave you an amp to test in the showroom, he'd turn off most of the lights, to make it more like an onstage vibe
  • I used to drive to the Mill he made them in, a few floors up in Sowerby Bridge.
    I remember when he gave you an amp to test in the showroom, he'd turn off most of the lights, to make it more like an onstage vibe
    Yeah very similar set up to Rick Henrys place in Pear Mill. 
    I used to drive to the Mill he made them in, a few floors up in Sowerby Bridge.
    Yeah very similar set up to Rick Henrys place in Pear Mill. 
    I didn't know he was in Pear Mill