Nice headstock stickers.

What's Hot
DavidRDavidR Frets: 742
edited January 23 in Acoustics
Just put this 'inlay' sticker..........

Inlaystickers for Guitar Headstock - Rose Vine H-118rv-wt : Amazon.co.uk: Musical Instruments & DJ

On this headstock............

Vintage V300 Folk Acoustic Outfit Antique at Gear4music

....and I must say it looks really very nice! Sorry I can't send pictures as have never got head round doing that on tFB.

Vintage headstocks are like Martins but a bit broader at the base. The stickers come as 3 layered plastic/sticker/backing paper. You clean the headstock with a dry cloth to remove dust then rub the surface of the top plastic layer of the sticker with your finger nail. Then you remove the backing paper, apply the sticker, rub the sticker with your fingernail again (centre to edges), then remove the top plastic film. Not difficult.

The Vintage inlay is pearloid plastic and the pearloid areas of the sticker are a good match.

It seems well stuck on and also the right thickness to be a) scratchproof and b) cosmetically authentic looking.

Not sure that I would do this with a more expensive instrument but in this case the guitar itself only cost 36 times more than the sticker.

Wish I had discovered these before!

:-)
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Fingers657Fingers657 Frets: 657
    I bet JHS love that. =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OilCityPickupsOilCityPickups Frets: 10419
    tFB Trader
    They look like they could be rather nice. I have a Richwood acoustic that needs a bit of that treatment :-)
    Professional pickup winder, horse-testpilot and recovering Chocolate Hobnob addict.
    Formerly TheGuitarWeasel ... Oil City Pickups  ... Oil City Blog 7 String.org profile and message  

• DavidRDavidR Frets: 742
    edited January 24

Still someway to go with the stickers!

A new Martin at NAMM 2024.

(If you're interested, and why wouldn't you be, !!cos it cost £55K!!, (although they're not stickers obviously), it's called the D-50 CFM IV 50th Anniversary.

:-)                   <----  please note how shocked this smiley is at the eyewatering price

Almost looks as good as this too..........

Although you can have 46 of these Sigma Custom S00R-45VS for the price of the Martin - (genuine inlays On the Sigma too, and looks a lot more cool imho).
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4138
    I used a similar inlay set for a while on my Eastman, they worked really well and came off (by choice!) without leaving any residue at all. :)
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 232
    I'm with you on that Martin, David.
    I don't understand Martin's thinking on the amount of superfluous inlays they can fit onto an instrument.
    I'd love to know the market it's aimed at.
      :#

• guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1852
    I have no idea why anybody would want to do that to a perfectly nice guitar personally. If it's beater type instrument then fine but if its a regularly used instrument then not for me.
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    Soupman said:
    I'm with you on that Martin, David.
    I don't understand Martin's thinking on the amount of superfluous inlays they can fit onto an instrument.
      :#

Trump supporters
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    I used a similar inlay set for a while on my Eastman, they worked really well and came off (by choice!) without leaving any residue at all. :)
    I wondered about that. Thanks for info. 
  • SoupmanSoupman Frets: 232
    @guitargeek62 - I wonder if that would work for the Martin..... =)

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    £55K and you don't even get stickers with it?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TanninTannin Frets: 5450
    Soupman said:

People with £55K
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4161
    I got some disappearing Pyramid fretmarkers for Xmas I think from the same company 
    Yeh. I was thinking fretboard stickers might be a little bit more obviously add ons. Not only because you might feel them under your fingers but also because you look at the fretboard more closely. 

Tempted to try, but headstock looks great with ‘inlay’ sticker - and less is more sometimes!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom