SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

WTD R Trem string claw

What's Hot
paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
Anyone got a knackered Steinberger R Trem gathering dust? One of my string claws has cross threaded (Sigh) so I need a claw
Happy to buy the whole trem if necessary….

@ICBM
@HarrySeven

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72340
    Sorry, I don’t. @Funkfingers ?

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• HarrySevenHarrySeven Frets: 8030
    Me neither… :(

HarrySeven - Intangible Asset Appraiser & Wrecker of Civilisation. Searching for weird guitars - so you don't have to.
    Forum feedback thread.    |     G&B interview #1 & #2   |  https://www.instagram.com/_harry_seven_/ 

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14428
    Nope. 

My only Steinberger vibrato went as part of a complete G3T guitar to a local character. 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    Is it something we can fabricate? I'm not familiar with the Steinberger hardware so don't know what the required part looks like.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3054
    Is it something we can fabricate? I'm not familiar with the Steinberger hardware so don't know what the required part looks like.
    It is certainly something I am considering (there may even be a market for them) perhaps try and commission a few..

Ill remove one later, with the right facilities it would be pretty easy to make, brass would be good….if I could get stock brass the right size the rest is (precision) drilling

Ill share a photo  and dimensions 
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

OK I can certainly take a look. I have a milling machine, lathe and workshop at my disposal so we might be able to have a crack at it.
    OK I can certainly take a look. I have a milling machine, lathe and workshop at my disposal so we might be able to have a crack at it.
    Superb! With those facilities it would be a doddle

I used to work in Engineering (Fitter/Turner/Horizontal Borer) but have no home facilities….

10x5mm brass bar is available….original is cast from shite….but rectangular space for the string  ball end would be ok as a hole…

Attached sketch all dims mm

Doable?

Cheers!

I should have something lying around to make one of those out of. I'll make one up and see how it comes out!

What's my deadline? May not have time this week now.
    paulnb57 said:
    Superb! With those facilities it would be a doddle

I used to work in Engineering (Fitter/Turner/Horizontal Borer) but have no home facilities….

I've got a small Warco lathe for sale if you want some home facilities!!!
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    A full set of 6 "metal" headless claws for about £15 delivered from Aliexpress ?

LOL! £15 that is bonkers
    I should have something lying around to make one of those out of. I'll make one up and see how it comes out!

What's my deadline? May not have time this week now.
    Really appreciate the offer, but for 15 gin tokens I might as well get the AliExpress ones

Gizmo said:
    A full set of 6 "metal" headless claws for about £15 delivered from Aliexpress ?

I googled until the early hours and didn't find them! Thanks!

No worries! At that price we could barely turn on the machines :-)
    Gizmo said:

Giz! The string claws arrived today and they are STEEL, not recycled Coke can…..Winner! Winner! etc

Im going to order another set for my other GT Pro

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • GizmoGizmo Frets: 1076
    Giz! The string claws arrived today and they are STEEL, not recycled Coke can…..Winner! Winner! etc

Im going to order another set for my other GT Pro
    Winner Winner Checken Dinner! Looks like they are putting all that looted WWII boat steel to good use ;)

I have a GT Sprit/trem that could do with some new parts, if i can track down so new saddles for it i'll grab a set of these to try out as well.

Cheers