Keeley Muse Driver has a neat bypass feature

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
While going down the rabbit hole if convincing myself I’d like to try yet another not-that-different drive pedal, I noticed the clever bypass arrangement mentioned on a demo: you can switch between true bypass and buffered bypass by holding down the foootswitch. That seems neat. 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6718
    I think some of the NUX pedals do that too
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    soma1975 said:
    I think some of the NUX pedals do that too
    Ah - I’d never come across it before. 
    Red ones are better. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24338
    Some Source Audio stuff does it - although it's not as neat / easy as just holding the f/s down.
    That's a really nice idea.
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 959
    Sounds handy but how do you know which one you're on, is there a light or something?

I've got a Magnetic Effects Zola which has a little toggle switch to turn the buffer on or off. I found this particularly handy when I was trying to decide whether a buffer would make a difference when using wah and fuzz pedals. You can hear the sound change (or not) straight away so it's easier to confirm if it's helping (or not). 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7429
    edited January 24
    Sounds handy but how do you know which one you're on, is there a light or something?

I've got a Magnetic Effects Zola which has a little toggle switch to turn the buffer on or off. I found this particularly handy when I was trying to decide whether a buffer would make a difference when using wah and fuzz pedals. You can hear the sound change (or not) straight away so it's easier to confirm if it's helping (or not). 
    Hold down footswitch - changes to the ‘other’ bypass type and led flashes - if it flashes twice you’re now in TB and if it flashes 3 times you’re now in BB 
    Red ones are better.