Tell me about Keeley OD’s

markjmarkj Frets: 914
Which are the good ones new or old that are worth looking at?
Was earlier looking at the lunar drive, good or bad?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    edited January 25
    Not extensive experience but fwiw - I had a Keeley Tone Workstation for a while - I thought I was going to really like the modded screamers that are in one section of it but I wasn’t wowed. I also expected to like the 1962x mode on the other switch based on its descriptions, but that was even more underwhelming - I the whole thing left me a bit flat - BUT - I then discovered that the Katana mode on the middle switch was possibly my fave boost ever - a simple single knob boost that made me consider swapping my long serving EP Boost for a standalone Keeley Katana boost.

Also the compressor section on the Tone Workstation was excellent - I only kept it as long as I did for the Comp and the Katana Boost. 

All that said I have recently been gassing for a Keeley AT Mod (and since the launch this week the Muse Drive in place of that) 
    Red ones are better. 
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    I love my Super Phat Mod. The ergonomics leave something to be desired (top jacks would be nice, and you can’t see the active LED if you’re sitting down as it’s right behind one of the knobs), but sonically it’s my favourite OD, a really good match for the sound of my TMPR cranked. The way it responds to playing dynamics and the very heterogeneous pickups on my Tele is what sets it above a Timmy for me.

Note that I’ve never played a Boss BD2 though, so I don’t know how it’s different/better from its (cheaper) inspiration. 
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 6692
    edited January 25
    He makes some excellent drive pedals, some really interesting modulation and delay pedals, and then a bunch of a bit shit pedals that are at least trying something new. 

My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.