New Two Rock Tube Driven Effects Loops Interface

What's Hot
ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 428
Not sure how much better these will work than a typical dumble-ator/kleinulator. Sure looks better than their ELI, plus a smaller footprint is always a good thing. I imagine it will come at an absurd price though :/

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• "Our effects loops are really badly buffered, so buy another box from us with a couple of buffers in it"

Is that basically the gist of it or is there another reason people would use this?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 428
    I’ve always wondered why they don’t just have this on-board, as part of the amp.

I’m not technically minded but maybe it has something to do with this particular circuit? 
  • I’ve always wondered why they don’t just have this on-board, as part of the amp.

My comment was half-joking really, but it does seem odd if it's intended to be used with their own amps.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1607
    I’ve got a ceriatone “c Lator” FX loop that I use with my DWJ blues master and I think it really makes the amp sing. However I dread to think of the cost of the Two Rock version. 
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 428
    @shaunm what effects are you using in the loop? 

Would love to know how it improves the sound for these kind of amps.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1607
    @ryanverbena i use delays and reverbs usually and it plays well with all I’ve tried so far.

The main improvement tone wise is that the unit gives me an extra gain stage. Without the use of effects it’s always switched on and it makes a noticeable difference to the way the amp responds almost like an “always on” drive pedal.