Victory Namm 24: MK Overdrive head, Deputy 25 head

What's Hot
FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
edited January 27 in Amps
New amps from Victory 

Deputy Head:
Sounds really good but at £1349 looks very overpriced. Very odd output valves too and can only find NOS available online when the time comes to replace. Though you can use EL84’s too. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zaWwc--_oEg&t=69s&pp=ygUOdmljdG9yeSBkZXB1dHk%3D

MK Overdrive head:

They’ve basically reissued the Cornford MK50 head but with modern tweaks to tighten up the bottom end etc. voice switches added and the Gain and overdrive controls have been split across the two channels. 

In my opinion a huge missed opportunity here as they’ve made this a strictly custom shop/ special order only. You pick your tolex, badge, colour, grill style etc for a ridiculous price. 

They should have run this as a standard production model instead of being greedy and pricing many people out of it. 

The Cornford MK50 is my favourite amp I’ve ever owned, I have two and would have loved to have bought a modern version but they’ve been silly with this. Simply not worth entertaining now and with everything victory your money is dead in the water should you want to sell on. 

Price £4999 which is an absolute piss take. Some of these companies need to give their head a wobble. £3k overpriced. Rant over!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Alex2678Alex2678 Frets: 1151
    Didn’t they do the same odd output valves on the new Sheriff 25?
  • timmypixtimmypix Frets: 2402
    I find it odd that it's described as almost a stripped back, simpler version of the Sheriff... and it's £150 more. Then bear in mind Victories depreciate horrendously.

Sounds bloody lovely though.
    Tim
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • S56035S56035 Frets: 1128
    timmypix said:
    I find it odd that it's described as almost a stripped back, simpler version of the Sheriff... and it's £150 more. T
    They've got to pay someone to do the stripping back :-)
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Alex2678 said:
    Didn’t they do the same odd output valves on the new Sheriff 25?
    Yes you’re right. 
  • FlotsamFlotsam Frets: 53
    Looks very promising to me. I’d definitely be trying out the Sheriff 25 alongside it, first, though. The Sheriff has two channels and you can get it in lunchbox form for less money.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 26
    timmypix said:
    I find it odd that it's described as almost a stripped back, simpler version of the Sheriff... and it's £150 more. Then bear in mind Victories depreciate horrendously.

Sounds bloody lovely though.
    I’ll be waiting for a used one in 6 months time. The hit I took to shift my last two victory amps was horrendous. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • To me this looks like Victory's take on the Freidman Little Sister - even down to the same style voice switch. I'd stay with the original.

I recall when the Little Sister was released Pete really loved it and said he always used the Freidman Dirty Shirley plugin (the DS Mini is was replaced by the Little Sister). So it makes sense he's been involved with this amp.

• FlotsamFlotsam Frets: 53
    To me this looks like Victory's take on the Freidman Little Sister - even down to the same style voice switch. I'd stay with the original.

I recall when the Little Sister was released Pete really loved it and said he always used the Freidman Dirty Shirley plugin (the DS Mini is was replaced by the Little Sister). So it makes sense he's been involved with this amp.

Agreed on all counts. Reverb is a nice addition for some, though. Personally - as with the Kraken Mk2 - I’d love to support a British brand but the new prices just seem a touch… … optimistic.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 335
    It's not purple  :/
  • SquareheadedfreakSquareheadedfreak Frets: 375
    edited January 27
    New amps from Victory 

MK Overdrive head:

They’ve basically reissued the Cornford MK50 head but with modern tweaks to tighten up the bottom end etc. voice switches added and the Gain and overdrive controls have been split across the two channels. 

In my opinion a huge missed opportunity here as they’ve made this a strictly custom shop/ special order only. You pick your tolex, badge, colour, grill style etc for a ridiculous price. 

They should have run this as a standard production model instead of being greedy and pricing many people out of it. 

The Cornford MK50 is my favourite amp I’ve ever owned, I have two and would have loved to have bought a modern version but they’ve been silly with this. Simply not worth entertaining now and with everything victory your money is dead in the water should you want to sell on. 

Price £4999 which is an absolute piss take. Some of these companies need to give their head a wobble. £3k overpriced. Rant over!

They've released a clean high headroom version too, the only thing I can think of is that they want to create their own 'Two Rock' in the UK, as very dumble like fronts and tolex, with the little switches etc, then decided that the only real way to compete with Two Rock is to charge £5000, regardless of sound/cost/components.

Considering Victory/Cornford hold around 30% of their value, you've got to be mad to buy one of these at full price
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • FortheloveofguitarFortheloveofguitar Frets: 4291
    edited January 27
    Lee Anderton states that they will be building just 10 units per month and that they’ve already sold 4 months worth. 

They’ve sold 40 already then. I don’t believe that at all. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lee Anderton states that they will be building just 10 units per month and that they’ve already sold 4 months worth. 

That’s just 40 daft people. Not beyond the realms of possibility, IMO.
    Read my guitar/gear blog at medium.com/redchairriffs

View my feedback at www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/comment/1201922
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Lee Anderton states that they will be building just 10 units per month and that they’ve already sold 4 months worth. 

I think you may be right. 
  • RiftAmpsRiftAmps Frets: 3171
    tFB Trader
    Lee Anderton states that they will be building just 10 units per month and that they’ve already sold 4 months worth. 

I think you may be right. 

If that figure is correct, they'll mainly be preorders from Dealers and Distributors.
    *I no longer offer replacement speaker baffles*
    Rift Amplification
    Handwired Guitar Amplifiers
    Brackley, Northamptonshire
    www.riftamps.co.uk

• If I was spending that money it wouldn't be on a Victory. I'd spend the day with Doug at Coda and come away with a fantastic amp, from people who make top-end, quality amps all the time.

• If I was spending that money it wouldn't be on a Victory. I'd spend the day with Doug at Coda and come away with a fantastic amp, from people who make top-end, quality amps all the time.

This particular setup with the Victory ‘Custom shop made in the UK’ reminds me very much of the Chapman made in the UK debacle. 
    2reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom