Anyone had dealings with Red String, Reverb seller?

What's Hot
JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
edited January 27 in FX
I've bought a two pedals from this seller. First transaction Red String put up incorrect tracking number but pedal arrived and was okay. Second transaction, the seller again provided incorrect tracking number and once the correct number was supplied I discovered the pedal had been left in my recycling bin outside my front door. I tried the pedal but it was not suitable (Spaceman Explorer Phaser) and so I requested a return. Seller provided return address and the pedal was back with him within 48hrs of delivery.

I heard nothing from him for five days so messaged to enquire when I could expect my refund. He replied that pedal had been scratched and he was consulting with Reverb but expected to return the pedal to me and I should resolve matter with my shipper.

I asked the seller to provide a photo as I was certain pedal was not damaged when it left me. He sent me a photo. The scratch is shown on the right image.

Have any other Fretboarders had dealings with Red String? Their feedback is very good, of the 'pedal received I'm happy' variety but it's when things go wrong that a seller's true worth is revealed. On each occasion when the seller was informed of providing incorrect tracking details, they replied with a garbled message to the effect of 'nothing is wrong' and the incorrect tracking number had been replaced with the correct one in the Reverb Tracking Number field. An obvious untruth that might be revealing of Red String's business practice?

I'm currently waiting to see if Reverb side with Red String, in which case I expect to get the pedal returned to me.

Update. I messaged seller to suggest a restocking fee as I wanted to put it to rest. He then immediately took £22 and returned balance of £220 to me.
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I  have bought from them a couple of times without any issue. That scratch is barely visible, they definitely put you through the ringer on that one, also their return policy is "can be returned within 3 days of receipt". 

I dont know what the deal is with them providing the wrong tracking number, unless they're selling a lot and they're getting their tracking numbers/postal receipts mixed up. Seems a bit suspect.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I bought a power supply a few years back with no issue. Sorry to hear you've had a problem.
  • ragingbenragingben Frets: 107
    edited January 31
    I bought a CIOKS power supply from them/him a few years back. After buying it I took a look at his other items... All second hand but essentially brand new.

The CIOKS arrived and it was brand new and sealed, but it came from mainland Europe and had passed through a parcel redirect service. The Royal Mail tracking I was provided was actually just one of those preprint things so the tracking said the parcel would be with me soon, but I don't believe royal mail even delivered it, I think it was DPD. He got pretty shitty with some buyers in the feedback and blamed delays on COVID and royal mail, but I'm certain it's because the items aren't coming from Liverpool but from abroad.

My power supply was perfect and I never had any trouble following the sale but everything about him/them felt super dodgy once I started sniffing around.

Edit, I thought I remembered this thread: https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/199941/red-string-liverpool
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6062
    ragingben said:
    I bought a CIOKS power supply from them/him a few years back. After buying it I took a look at his other items... All second hand but essentially brand new.
    That struck me too. And most/many of them from the boutique end of the market. Whatever his business model, I will not deal with him again.
  • DumodalDumodal Frets: 489
    edited February 3
    Is that the guy from Liverpool? He's a strange person, I messaged him about one of his pedals asking information and his reply was "pictures are there, info it's all there, thanks" when I asked about the price as his price was more than a brand new unit he just said "Go buy it there, my pedals, my price" very unpleasant and I was not trying to take the piss just wanted to know if it was used or brand new for the price he was asking.

Anyways I won't be buying from him as he clearly have attitude issues. 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom