SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD.......ACUS One for Strings 6T Acoustic Amp

surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
edited February 21 in Acoustics £

Decided that the time has come to part with this amazing amp as I am just not using it enough.  I tend to use a Marshall amp for both my acoustics and electrics now.

I bought this amp new in March 2022 and it has been used purely at home.  It is as close to mint condition as you can get.  I have checked it over this morning and there is a tiny 'graze' in the lacquer below the front grill which is almost impossible to see.  I have taken a photograph of it.....the last photo below.

ACUS amps are made in Italy and having had Markbass bass amps I would say that they are totally on par with the quality of any Markbass amps I have used.  Never had any issues whatsoever with this amp, it has performed perfectly.  The cabinet is really robust and beautifully made.  I have had a few acoustic amps over the years, including AER and Trace Elliot, and this ACUS blows them away in terms of sound quality and versatility.

I have a K&K Mini passive pickup in one of my acoustics and have always had to use a preamp in acoustic amps with this pickup but putting it through the ACUS I have not had to use a preamp at all.  There is masses on power on offer and it makes life so much easier not having to mess with an external preamp.

The amp is a 130 watt and is a 2-way biamp.  Frequency response is 50Hz-20Hz.  The cabinet is ply with a 2-way bass reflex and has a 36mm flange on the base for a speaker stand.  Speakers consist of a 6" woofer (90 watts) and a compression ring tweeter (40 watts).  Weighs in at 10.5 kilos.  

The amp has 4 separately adjustable channels.  Channels 1 & 2 have a jack input or balanced XLR and also have switchable phantom power.  Channel 3 has a jack input,  Channel 4 has a stereo XLR with stereo in/stereo out controls and also RCA stereo in and outs. 

Channels 1, 2 and 3 have a Gain, Volume, High/Mid/Low EQ and also Reverb controlled by a single knob.  There is a Master section that includes a switch for phantom power, Effects Return and Master Volume.

On the rear of the amp is the mains socket, on/off switch and Ground Lift switch. 

I am asking £450 for the amp and although I would much prefer somebody to come and try it I am quite happy to ship the amp if the buyer needs me to do that.  I will ship at cost.  I am 99% sure I still have the original ACUS shipping carton.

Please feel free to ask for more photos if you need them.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Chris_JChris_J Frets: 140
    GLWTS! I have the same amp and it is indeed lovely.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • surfguy13surfguy13 Frets: 133
    edited January 29
    Many thanks @Chris_J  ; They really are remarkable amps aren't they?  Crystal clear with virtually no noise and yet there is masses of power available.  I love having the 3 channels and just set one up for each guitar; when you have both passive pickups and onboard preamps in different guitars it's more or less essential.
    Gentle weekend bump
    bump

weekend bump!
    The ACUS has just sold on Gumtree