Surfybear Reverbs

shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
Hello all.

These look great but I wonder if anyone has any experience of putting these through the FX loop on your amp? It’s really hard to find any clips of anyone using one of these reverbs with a driven amp, almost all of the videos are of clean ish amps pushed by pedals. 

Also, has anyone got any thoughts on why getting the full classic over the compact or metal is a good idea? I have a cream tolex amp and cab so it appeals. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    unless your preamp is brutally distorted, i think the intention is to run these into the main input. you might want something more "hifi" for an fx loop.
  • SeziertischSeziertisch Frets: 1293
    edited January 29
    I tried mine both before the amp and in an FX loop and preferred it straight in for “that” Fender sound. 

In the loop it lost some of its character and became a bit more generic reverb sounding, albeit still quite good.

The Metal is true bypass while the preamp section is on all the time in the Tolex version. When you engage the Metal the phase gets flipped which may or may not be an issue depending on what else is happening in your rig i.e. if you are using two amps but only using the verb with one, engaging it would put your amps out of (or potentially back in) phase.
  • shaunmshaunm Frets: 1598
    No, there’s no brutal distortion going on. I’d say classic rock in the early 70’s guise. So you would think with this type of sound in the front of the amp would be useable? 

• bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1374
    yeah do it