SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

G&B humbuckers pair. £25 posted.

What's Hot
BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1111
I've just taken these out of my 2014 S2 Mira to replace them with Iron Gear Blues Engines.

I bought the Mira used and it came with Alegree Fat Boys. The seller included these saying they were the original Mira pickups. I installed them and had no reason to believe they were anything but S2 Mira pickups. They have the right colour hookup cables which are the exact correct length for the guitar.

Having just removed them and measuring their resistance I find the bridge is 13.5k. Not what I expected.

Long story short. I don't know what model they are. I do know they sound good. I just wanted something more vintage sounding.

£25 posted.

https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBcyxr
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14446
    The baseplates of your G&B humbuckers look identical to those on the #7 "S" humbuckers from my S2 Singlecut. 

Most Interweb write ups suggest that the 85/15 humbuckers should yield DC resistance meter readings ITRO 8k (neck) and 9k (bridge). Your readings are more reminiscent of a HFS "S" and VB "S" pair.

Shining a torch down into the gap between the bobbins should let you see the end of the bar magnet beneath. Silvery is polished Alnico. Smooth black or very dark grey suggests ceramic. Ceramic would be correct for a HFS "S".
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BigPaulieBigPaulie Frets: 1111
    Thanks for the advice.

I'll have a look.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom