Help - Marshall 2525 FX loop clipping

RevMattRevMatt Frets: 837
I recently bought a 2525c and wired it up in exactly the same way as I have with many other amps previously: wah, comp and drive pedals in the front, and just 1 pedal (Visual Sound H2O dual function delay and chorus) in the Fx loop.

Everything works fine until I switch on the delay at which point I get clipping (a fizzy popping effect) if the strings are played hard.

I've read that there can be issues with the signal level but as I've never had this issue with this arrangement before, I wanted to check a few things:
1) does it suggest a fault with the amp?
2) would replacing the H2O with a different delay pedal fix the issue?
3) if I went with option 2, does it make a difference whether the pedal is buffered or true bypass?

Any advice is gratefully received as I really rely on having a delay in the FX loop.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72420
    That does sound like the pedal is clipping. The Jubilee loop is very crude - at least in the originals, I don’t know for certain about the new ones but I assume it’s the same. If so you need a pedal which will handle the higher level - as far as I know the TC Flashback will, and probably the Boss DD-whatever the newest one is - and preferably buffered. Buffered is always better, especially in FX loops, as it avoids sudden changes in the impedance presented to the amp.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom