Fender Sidekick 65 Reverb - selling price?

TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4797
An old drummer bandmate, now no longer playing and who has sold nearly all his gear has one final item to sell. It's a mid 1980s, made-in-Japan Fender Sidekick 65 Reverb. It's a twin channel solid state amp with a 12in speaker and a footswitch for changing channels and turning the reverb on/off. 

I've offered to put an ad for it on here (if that's OK, mods) but he (and I) have no idea what would be a reasonable price. It's in decent condition, 100% original and working properly. He has owned it from new and hardly used it in the last 20 years. Has anyone got any idea what he should be selling it for? It's in Somerset, if that affects anything.

A much tattier one, with only channel 2 working, sold on eBay for £65 a few weeks ago. I can't find any other sales history. 

Ta!
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72433
    Probably around £150.

It’s a perfectly good amp, well made and pretty nice sounding especially on the clean channel, but traditional analogue solid-state amps are hard to sell now. If you need a decent backup amp or something lightweight that works well with pedals, I would buy it.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4797
    ICBM said:
    Probably around £150.

It’s a perfectly good amp, well made and pretty nice sounding especially on the clean channel, but traditional analogue solid-state amps are hard to sell now. If you need a decent backup amp or something lightweight that works well with pedals, I would buy it.
    Thanks for the info. I've never seen the amp in the flesh. I just offered to help him get an idea of market value. But the thought of an inexpensive, lighter (than my Rivera) pedal platform amp is something I'd not thought of. Until now... :-) 
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72433
    TheBigDipper said:

Thanks for the info. I've never seen the amp in the flesh. I just offered to help him get an idea of market value. But the thought of an inexpensive, lighter (than my Rivera) pedal platform amp is something I'd not thought of. Until now... :-) 
    It's probably ideal for that - although as far as I know it's purely a Fender Japan design and not by Paul Rivera, it is from the period he was working at Fender, and it does have similar tonal characteristics as the 'Rivera series' Concert - basically the same control set, too.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• TheBigDipperTheBigDipper Frets: 4797
    ICBM said:
    TheBigDipper said:

It's probably ideal for that - although as far as I know it's purely a Fender Japan design and not by Paul Rivera, it is from the period he was working at Fender, and it does have similar tonal characteristics as the 'Rivera series' Concert - basically the same control set, too.
    Ah! I meant my "real" Rivera Chubster 40 - which is the only amp I own that is loud enough to sit with a drummer hitting the kit hard in a gig situation and deliver nice cleans. I'm using the clean channel of that as a pedal platform right now, and it's very heavy (and underused) for that job.