NAD Orange Terror Stamp Amp Pedal

ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
I've got one of these incoming from an auction I won today on FleaBay, as I fancied having a backup amp that was a little more versatile than my EHX 22 Caliber.

It's got an ECC83 / 12AX7 in the preamp section, and I was wondering how much the valve is actually contributing. The amp runs off a 15V DC PSU, so can the valve really be operating at 250V or so like in "normal" amps?
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72442
    I've got one of these incoming from an auction I won today on FleaBay, as I fancied having a backup amp that was a little more versatile than my EHX 22 Caliber.

It's got an ECC83 / 12AX7 in the preamp section, and I was wondering how much the valve is actually contributing. The amp runs off a 15V DC PSU, so can the valve really be operating at 250V or so like in "normal" amps?
    If it's (as I suspect it is) essentially a Micro Terror in a floor box, the valve is definitely not running at normal valve voltage, it's straight from the 15V supply with no doubler or anything.

With the Micro Terror I found that the valve made quite a big difference to how terrible tolerable the amp sounded.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1133
    ICBM said:

If it's (as I suspect it is) essentially a Micro Terror in a floor box, the valve is definitely not running at normal valve voltage, it's straight from the 15V supply with no doubler or anything.

With the Micro Terror I found that the valve made quite a big difference to how terrible tolerable the amp sounded.
    Thanks. that's what I suspected about the valve. The Terror Stamp sounds fine in videos, and I'm hoping it will be OK through a Greenback or Greenbacks, depending on circumstances, although I'm only planning to use it when I really have to. Orange say it's based on the Micro Dark FWIW.