SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD Milsom Deep Bodied Triple 0

droflufdrofluf Frets: 3705
edited February 11 in Acoustics £

With great regret I've decided to sell this guitar. It's one of the best sounding and easiest to play guitars I've ever tried but unfortunately it's too big and is aggravating an old shoulder injury.

Specifications

Soundboard:                                       Western Red Cedar

Back and sides:                                  Santos Rosewood (pre 2017 stock)

Body depth:                                        115mm at tail, 95mm at the heel

Neck:                                                  Mahogany

Fretboard 14th fret neck join              Ebony - top radius 20 inches, abalone diamond markers @ 3, 5, 7, 9, 12, 15 & 17th frets

Bindings:                                            Snakewood

Purflings                                             Colour plus black/white lines

Tuners:                                               Gotoh 510Z 21:1 ratio (cosmo)

Pickup:                                               Headway under saddle

Nut width:                                           45mm

Build pictures here:  https://milsomguitars.weebly.com/john-ys-triple-o-build.html

And it sounds like this: https://audio.com/onechordtrick/audio/planxty-irwin

More details on the builder: https://milsomguitars.weebly.com/about.html

I'm looking for £535 collected from Oxford or happy to discuss shipping - but it doesn’t have a case.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    edited February 6
    I was lucky enough to visit Francis Milsom, when he lived down here in mid Devon, near South Molton, to look at some guitars he had for sale, prior to moving.
    .  I came home with a fanfret, that looked and sounded incredible, the craftsmanship was outstanding and I felt he was underselling himself. For nearly a year a friend nagged me to sell the fanfret and eventually relented.
      Anyone sitting on the fence, looking for a high quality acoustic should snap this up, good luck with the sale bump.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3219
    Oh my word that is lovely, and what an incredible price too! Rather jealous of whoever has the funds available to snap this up. GLWTS, not that you’ll need it.
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 616
    Having never come across Milsom before, it seems to me an obscenely good price for the spec and being a handmade in the UK instrument. If I was a little closer I'd be tempted to give it a test run. Could I ask the nut width?
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3705
    Epsilon said:
    Having never come across Milsom before, it seems to me an obscenely good price for the spec and being a handmade in the UK instrument. If I was a little closer I'd be tempted to give it a test run. Could I ask the nut width?
    Nut is 45mm. 

If you're in London I'm less than an hour away by train!
  • jasonbone75jasonbone75 Frets: 636
    Aaaghh I is really jonesing for this and short of funds. It isn't far off what I would spec if I had an acoustic made! Trade for a small blue Takamine?!
  • wrinkleygitwrinkleygit Frets: 259
    If you need an amp, I would happily swap my Wienbrock that’s listed in the amp section !!
  • EpsilonEpsilon Frets: 616
    drofluf said:
    Epsilon said:
    Nut is 45mm. 

If you're in London I'm less than an hour away by train!
    Any interest in a swap for a Vox AC30? :)
    Thanks for the trade offers, plan is to look for a smaller bodied cedar/rosewood guitar but I’m in no rush. Want to be able to spend some time playing it as I’ve realised that comfort is an important factor for me. 
    Soild plan @drofluf - my Takamine is probably the perfect size but it is maple and finished so markedly different to what you describe!
    @jasonbone75 which model is it? I must admit I'm put off by the blue but have you got any more information?
    edited February 7
    FP391MB it is the replacement for the model that Dave Stewart made famous in the Lily Was Here video. I believe he also had a few of the FP models like mine as well. I'm at work and can't find any photos in my albums but this is what they look like (Edit found a much nicer photo and it shows the same case mine has with it):

Thanks - too blue for me I'm afraid
    Roger that. Next step - where do I find £535 because I want this guitar :)
    Sold pending payment
    Nooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! Great guitar so congrats to the new owner :'(
  • ShadowShadow Frets: 72
    I'm so pleased this has sold, for me and the OP. I was just starting to wonder if I could move my Furch Blue on to make room for it...