Lichtlaerm key & gate or KMA pylon noise gate ?

TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
Both do a stunning job and are same price. I dont play monster gain djent or anything like that. All my guitars have single coils and I just want a gate that works perfectly , but most importantly........lets sustained notes sing. The vids show staccato rhythm gating  , which whilst being well done, is of no interest to my playing style or tone. Between the Licht and the KMA, anybody able to say which is the best for sustaining notes that dont fall flat on their face whilst also retaining a quiet as a church mouse amp.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• TelejesterTelejester Frets: 743
    has nobody here tried one of these ?
  • I haven't tried either of those but have a Fortin Mini Zuul and in the past had an ISP Decimator.  The decimator was more tweakable and could be set to let notes ring without cutting off but even then there are times when it is doing something noticeable to the tone.  The Mini Zuul has no real settings other than threshold but works well enough for me so might be worth trying as well. If I want something more natural then I obviously I can just turn it off - particularly if its clean or with humbuckers etc. If it has a key input then it is tighter/more responsive.