Wiring Godin question.

What's Hot
I took my Godin radiator to a local tech to have a 3 way switch installed as I didn't like the two volumes and one tone blend via the vols. I don't know if I asked the impossible but it never worked very well. I put up with it as I didn't play it often but I want to sell it and need it to work properly. Can anyone point me to a wiring diagram for the above set up? I could put it back to original but there is now a hole in the scratchplate where the switch is installed. The job was done a few years ago and the guy who did it has long gone.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72460
    It’s neither impossible or even difficult. If you want two volumes, one tone and the switch you need a Gibson Flying V diagram.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Thanks for that. I just spoke to a nice man at KGB in Birkenhead and he said similar. I was trying to get the middle position to be the original "blend" and have the other pickups up and down on the switch but he said I will only be able to get it like a Gibson.
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72460
    Yes, you can only easily get the blend if the switch is a Tele-type lever switch - a Gibson-type toggle won’t work.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

• FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14483
    A Freeway 3X3-03 would fill the hole and provide six coil permutations.

1 Bridge
    2 Bridge & Neck, in parallel
    3 Neck
    4 TBA
    5 Bridge & Neck, in parallel, blend
    6 TBA

The wiring diagram will require some head scratching to perfect.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Thanks, I will have a look at that if I decide to keep it. Just about to put some strings back on and see if it's staying. A friend of mine really likes it so I have a buyer lined up.