BBC R2 piano room

What's Hot
stufisherstufisher Frets: 845
Anyone else keeping an eye (ear) on this?

Every year I look forward to 'piano room month' because essentially you get free gigs on radio and TV for a month. Yes, they're short gigs but they're good'ns.

Participating artists always seem to enjoy them and they're prepared to open up to questions (currently Vernon Kay is host) so you get insights and backstories.

Link here for anyone that wants to enjoy:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/m001485m?partner=uk.co.bbc&origin=share-mobile
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I didnt know they were on the Iplayer. There's been a few ok ones and the amazing Libertines one. Ill see if thats on there later.  
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • thecolourboxthecolourbox Frets: 9760
    I've only watched the Libertines one so far as I too usually look forward to these, need to watch the others. I thought the Libertines one was quite underwhelming in truth, but I will give the others a watch and listen as it's good to hear new stuff. Hopefully Vernon Kay's interference is less than on the Libertines one :)
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    I watched The Madness one a while ago (don't think it's in that batch). The Tony Hadley one was on the Radio yesterday, bit like a pub singer who has wandered in front of an orchestra. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I've only watched the Libertines one so far as I too usually look forward to these, need to watch the others. I thought the Libertines one was quite underwhelming in truth, but I will give the others a watch and listen as it's good to hear new stuff. Hopefully Vernon Kay's interference is less than on the Libertines one :)
    Hes just awful, and (like most presenters, wrongly labelled as a DJ) pretty clueless on music, just a space filler. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16297
    Stumbled across hilights of the current batch on the red button.  Probably suits Bruce Hornsby the best, The Libertines just seem swamped by all that orchestration. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6878
    I've only watched the Libertines one so far as I too usually look forward to these, need to watch the others. I thought the Libertines one was quite underwhelming in truth, but I will give the others a watch and listen as it's good to hear new stuff. Hopefully Vernon Kay's interference is less than on the Libertines one :)
    Hes just awful, and (like most presenters, wrongly labelled as a DJ) pretty clueless on music, just a space filler. 
    He didn’t have much to work with on the Libertines one, the singer and guitarist seemed either wasted or incapable of having a conversation.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    He didn’t have much to work with on the Libertines one, the singer and guitarist seemed either wasted or incapable of having a conversation.
    Both been clean for a very long time and fantastic raconteurs, but brilliant to lazily make a joke. 
  • BowksBowks Frets: 414
    Stumbled across hilights of the current batch on the red button.  Probably suits Bruce Hornsby the best, The Libertines just seem swamped by all that orchestration. 
    Bruce Hornsby was superb. His last 3 albums are well well worth a listen. He works with Bon Iver and the incredible Blake Mills on them.
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6878
    The Johnny Marr one is good! 
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1