How are Fender Blues Juniors these days?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3576
    Not a fan. They can't fix the inherent nature of the things. Many better options (for my money). 

That said - perfectly functional if you get one as supplied backline. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

There’s a Guitar Paradiso episode in which they compare BJ and Roland BC Hot. 

I seem to remember being disappointed that the BC didn’t sound as good as the BJ
    Yes I saw that. I might have missed if it was mentioned, but I wasn't sure whether the Blues Cube Hot was on its 15W or 30W setting. If the Blues Cube Hot sounds as good (or close) to my Blues Cube Artist, but even more portable, it's definitely a contender.

I need to try both.

Did you see the Andertons video where Lee Anderton picked a Blues Cube over other amps in a blindfold test?

Yes, I did, and I thought he was probably right. I need to try one myself as well as a Tone Master Deluxe. Might just buy one second hand and try it for a while.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 263
    If I had the money to blow on a new Blues Junior I'd go looking for a used Supro.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • p90foolp90fool Frets: 31605
    snowblind said:
    If I had the money to blow on a new Blues Junior I'd go looking for a used Supro.
    Or a pair of Hotrod Deluxes. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72411
    p90fool said:

Or six Peavey Bandits.

You could collect the whole series :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4178
    ICBM said:
    p90fool said:

Or six Peavey Bandits.

You could collect the whole series :).
    You could line them all up like those piggy banks you used to get from the NatWest.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom