Best place to sell a pro level classical guitar?

What's Hot
2»

Comments

• I am not sure but I think classical guitars are particularly sensitive to atmospheric conditions. When I first got it back to my flat it sounded a bit weird and I had to keep retuning it, also I guess it had’nt been played in years. 
    That sounds like the first week and the last week of a set of nylon strings ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 72364
    I assume they make guitars at a wide range of price points, but I have a Raimundo 138 - solid walnut back & sides, but not worth anything like that, although it’s a nice guitar. I had been trying to sell it, but no takers so I’ve decided to keep it. I’m not a classical player, and I usually don’t get on with the necks, but this one is unusually thin which offsets the width to a large extent… so on that basis I probably won’t find one I like better.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SmellyfingersSmellyfingers Frets: 939
    edited February 17
    Yes many of the larger  Spanish makers have different price points across their range, representing different construction standards. I think the Raimundo 148 and above are specifically designed to be concert level professional instruments, made with better materials in a smaller workshop by their more experienced luthiers. This set up seems quite common with the larger Spanish classical guitar makers.

My 155 certainly feels rock solid in terms of build quality, but I don’t have enough experience to judge wether it’s tone compares with other top notch concert level instruments. Certainly compared with a £500 Yamaha I tried it’s way beyond but this ishould’nt  really be  unexpected for a £3k instrument. I got it for £800 all in btw( including the whacking auctioneers commission). Quite pleased as judging from  the fretwear it has seen little use.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom