SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD - 2012 USA Standard Strat in Sienna Sunburst, Maple Fretboard

What's Hot
DDtBDDtB Frets: 60
edited March 20 in Guitars £

*edit again*

Just impulse purchased something so this one definitely has to go to fund it.  

Price reduced.    How does £900 ono collected sound?  it's getting sold somewhere to someone now, so make me an offer if you're interested. Want it gone by the end of March to cover the credit card bill I've just generated!! lol

Based in Glasgow but happy to meet within reasonable distances in Central Scotland etc obvs.

Hi folks.

Something has popped up in the sales corner that I'd love and doubt it'll hang around, so hastily throwing this ad up to see if anyone fancies the Strat I'd need to sell to fund what I'm after. If the target sells in the meantime I'll pull this ad and keep the strat.  Very much an impulse decision being made here today, life's too short and all that!

Standard USA Strat with custom shop fat 50s.  When I got it, it was described as being 9/10 condition and I'd say it's at least that.   Just gave it a once over and struggling to find any nicks or dings.  It's in great condition with no neck pocket cracks or anything like that.

Here's a pic of it on my wall as we speak... 

In the meantime, copy/paste of the specs are..

Specifications

• Model Name: American Standard Stratocaster, Maple Fingerboard, 3-Color Sunburst
  • Model Number: 0113002700
  • Series: American Standard
  • Color: 3-Color Sunburst

Body

• Body Shape: Stratocaster
  • Body Material: Alder
  • Body Finish: Urethane

Neck

• Neck Material: Maple
  • Neck Shape: Modern "C"
  • Scale Length: 25.5" (648 mm)
  • Fingerboard Radius: 9.5" (241 mm)
  • Number of Frets: 22
  • Fret Size: Medium Jumbo
  • String Nut: Synthetic Bone
  • Nut Width: 1.685" (42.8 mm)
  • Neck Plate: 4-Bolt with Micro-Tilt™ Adjustment
  • Neck Finish: Satin Finish on Back, Gloss Finish on Front
  • Fingerboard: Maple
  • Position Inlays: Black Dot

Electronics

• Bridge Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
  • Middle Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
  • Neck Pickup: Custom Shop Fat '50s Single-Coil Strat
  • Controls: Master Volume, Tone 1. (Neck Pickup), Tone 2. (Bridge/Middle Pickup)
  • Pickup Switching: 5-Position Blade: Position 1. Bridge Pickup, Position 2. Bridge and Middle Pickup, Position 3. Middle Pickup, Position 4. Middle and Neck Pickup, Position 5. Neck Pickup
  • Pickup Configuration: SSS

Hardware

• Bridge: 2-Point Synchronized Tremolo with Bent Steel Saddles
  • Tuning Machines: Fender Standard Cast/Sealed Staggered
  • Orientation: Right-Hand
  • Pickguard: 3-Ply Parchment
  • Control Knobs: Aged White Plastic
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• DDtBDDtB Frets: 60
    Boosted contrast type pic to show off the grain a bit better.  It's a lovely thing in the flesh.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    Lovely looking Strat - hope you can get it over the line so you can get what you have your eye on!

bobacco said:
    Lovely looking Strat - hope you can get it over the line so you can get what you have your eye on!

Thank you!

Very much a 1st world problem.  If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, I've still got a lovely strat...

...although technically I'd still have 2 strats   =)

• bobaccobobacco Frets: 535
    DDtB said:
    bobacco said:

Thank you!

Very much a 1st world problem.  If it's meant to be, it'll happen. If not, I've still got a lovely strat...

...although technically I'd still have 2 strats   =)

Haha, yup. I’ve given up trying to chase after guitars; niched myself into a corner now so gonna have to make do!

That one on the left…Christ. Gorgeous!

Thanks.

It's my AVRI 62 in Ocean Turquoise.  Sometimes looks green in pics, sometimes almost looks like lake placid blue.  It's a keeper... for now at least!  Was the first 'proper' guitar I bought, so sentimental.  Helps that it sounds and plays great too!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Starting to feel like I might be keeping this then.  Few nibbles but mainly folks telling me how nice it is (which it is!! lol), but out of budget.

I've actually got a Squier CV Jag to sell but it won't fund the target purchase, but could do a bundle deal for it with the Strat if that tempts anyone.

Will leave this ad up for another day or so if you've been thinking of making an offer...  now's your chance.  If not, I'll happily keep it.

Cheers!

:)

*back up for sale with a reduced price bump*
  • HT986M2HT986M2 Frets: 97
    Interested and local-ish (Ayrshire). Do you have more pictures available?  The background of that boosted contrast pic looks like you’ve got a shop!
    Trading feedback available here
    edited February 28
    Happy to take as many pictures/videos as you’d like.  Just let me know if there’s anything in particular you want to see and I’ll do it tomorrow when it’s light.  PM me your email address if that’s easier, or I can upload loads more to imgbb etc.  

That boosted pic is from the place I got it, it’s not my pic.  That’s why it looks like a shop.  The blue wall is mine though
    Just a closeup of the front / back of the neck & body if that’s alright? The neck pocket would be good too! Or any visible scratches or dings. 

Nothing too crazy needed though - I just want to get a better idea of the overall condition   :3

Also, how’s the weight?
    Not a problem.  Will get plenty pics done in the morning… and will weigh it too.  
    Sent you a PM with a video ... hth.  =)
    My apologies, I didn't appreciate it had a lacquered fretboard from the pictures.  I had thought it was more of the satin type finish!  A shiny fretboard is a personal bugbear of mine, so it wouldn't be for me I'm afraid.  However, please have a free bump for the inconvenience and hopefully you can get the images and video in here.  The video especially really does show off what great condition it's in!
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1263
    edited February 29
    I have one of these in tobacco sunburst and very nice it is too. So I most certainly don't need another.
    That said, does it have a case and would you consider posting? 
    Just asking as it's a lovely looking guitar.
    Thanks.
    Happy to post.  I don’t have a case but saw there’s a nice fender hard shell being sold on here and I’m sure a deal could be done that involves me purchasing that to send it in etc… if that helps
  • misterpetemisterpete Frets: 36
    You could always take the neck off and wrap well, I’ve sent a few Strats that way.
  • misterpetemisterpete Frets: 36
    Is this still for sale
    Is this still for sale

It is indeed.   =)
    edited March 20
    SOLD