SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

SOLD: Ibanez Super-58 pickup set £180

What's Hot
CirrusCirrus Frets: 8494
edited March 1 in Parts £
A pair of Ibanez Super-58s. Not really sure when they were made or what they came out of because the Ibanez back catalogue remains an utter mystery to me. But from the reading I did, the stamped brass baseplates make these Japanese ones, Alnico 3, made in the '80s or '90s. A previous owner put stickers on suggesting they're 7.3 & 7.5k, I measure the bridge as 7.35k and the neck as 7.45k. They've got 4 wire cables.

I bought them with the gold covers shown, they're included in the sale. Changed them to open top nickel covers to better match the stylings of the Gretsch jet I put them in. Happy to switch the covers back over if you'd like.

The sound? Nice. PAF-like, clear, tight in the lows which is an A3 thing, some nice low-mid compression that give them some tasty girth with distortion. Slightly thicker sounding than my T-tops, same ballpark volume.

More pictures (of bobbins and stuff) here https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjBe3Fr

£180 posted

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments