New Pearl Jam

What's Hot
mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
New single landed this morning and two UK dates , Spurs Stadium and Co-op Live in Manchester 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Fx8LprPMIU
0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I see the Manchester gig is in a new arena, yet to be completed! I’ll try to get a ticket but demand will be huge. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4671
    Yeah the new co-op live 
    I have a friend who works there , looks a decent venue 
  • DontgiveupyourdayjobDontgiveupyourdayjob Frets: 3837
    edited February 13
    I see the Manchester gig is in a new arena, yet to be completed! I’ll try to get a ticket but demand will be huge. 
    Only ever seen PJ in open air gigs but would much prefer to see them in indoor arena. Would love to get there, or also quite fancy one of the European dates.

EDIT: oh, and I also quite like the new track!
  • Applied for London tickets, its the only date I can make this time around. 

I like the new single, much better than what was on Gigaton so I'm optimistic for the album
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22917
    Regarding the musical direction of PEARL JAM's new material, Mike [McCready]said: "It's a lot heavier than you'd expect. There's the melody and energy of the first couple of records. Andrew [Watt] pushed us to play as hard and melodic and thoughtful as we've done in a long time. I feel like Matt Cameron's drumming has elements of what he did in SOUNDGARDEN."
    He added: "For better or worse, you're gonna hear a lot more lead guitar from me — stuff I haven't done in a long time. I went crazy, like with Chris Cornell and TEMPLE OF THE DOG on 'Reach Down' all those years ago. I got to do it again. Usually the first or second takes are best. After that I start thinking about it and it doesn't have the feel. But Andrew caught the lightning in a bottle, as they say."

Blimey, it's almost getting me on board...

• £165 a ticket at the co op arena. Good to see they are still sticking it to the man
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • randellarandella Frets: 4176
    Listening to it now - McCready's not lying about the lead work. Shades of Why Go in that solo.

I like it.
  • Matt C is drumming like his Soundgarden days
  • mo6020mo6020 Frets: 366
    The new single is a banger. I shan’t be going to the London show tho as I can’t tolerate arena shows these days. 
    "Filthy appalachian goblin."
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1474
    edited February 22
    I see the Manchester gig is in a new arena, yet to be completed! I’ll try to get a ticket but demand will be huge. 
    Only ever seen PJ in open air gigs but would much prefer to see them in indoor arena. Would love to get there, or also quite fancy one of the European dates.

EDIT: oh, and I also quite like the new track!
    I don’t like to show off, but the only time I’ve been lucky enough to see them was at Key Arena….in Seattle on the Riot Act tour. One of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 6842
    Tickets go onsale tomorrow! Is Tottenham stadium easy to get to/from ?- would want to head North to M25 way
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    After a lot of swearing at a computer screen managed to get tickets for Coop Live :-) 
    I got 2 tix for London, unfortunately its at the Totteringham Hotspurs stadium, so will have to suppress the urge to boo ;)
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • Calla85Calla85 Frets: 27
    Got 2 tickets to Manchester gig. What a pain it was trying to get decent seats! 
    Calla85 said:
    yup 

seems you cant actually pick your own seats anymore 

first 5 allocations  were right at the back top level , erm no thanks 
    then it fucking kicked me out !!!!

still top level but a lot closer to the stage 
    Calla85 said:
    Seats! at a rock gig?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • I had 2 London tickets in the bag but then changed my mind when I realized that it was going to cost £320! I felt bad for a moment but then my wife reminded me that we will be in Rhodes on the day anyway!
    Link to my trading feedback
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • It really grinds my gears the cost of a CD now. The standard version is $47.99 (I'm in Australia). So that's £25

Deluxe is $59.99 or £31.
  • I had 2 London tickets in the bag but then changed my mind when I realized that it was going to cost £320! I felt bad for a moment but then my wife reminded me that we will be in Rhodes on the day anyway!
    Ah well, silver linings and all that!