New SSL Pure Drive Quad and Octo preamps

What's Hot
spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
edited February 13 in Other Instruments
Here a presentation video:

I think they look like well thought units and sound awesome from the video!

I am interested especially because there isn't in the market much in a price range that seats between the cheap low quality stuff (<1k, i.e. Behringer, Focusrite Scarlett) and the pro audio studio stuff (>3k) for what concerns 4/8 channels preamps, so I believe they're sort of filling that gap!

I haven't understood clearly if it would be possible to use them as audio interfaces straight away (there's a usb input but not sure what's for) or only as ADAT extension (that anyway would be the use I would go for at the moment).

PS: The asymmetric drive sounds super cool!

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• The user guide says you can use it as an audio interface but it's a bit limited due to the lack of monitoring unless you are using it as an aggregate soundcard (Mac only).

PURE DRIVE QUAD User Guide_v1.2.pdf (solidstatelogic.com) 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • spir4Lspir4L Frets: 87
    The user guide says you can use it as an audio interface but it's a bit limited due to the lack of monitoring unless you are using it as an aggregate soundcard (Mac only).

PURE DRIVE QUAD User Guide_v1.2.pdf (solidstatelogic.com) 
    Thanks! 
    I don't get why they didn't  put monitoring in the box, probably to reduce the cost :s It would have been too perfect at that point  =) 

But I am still very interested cause I could extend via adat in my interface and get high quality preamps for a good price!
  • Winny_PoohWinny_Pooh Frets: 7787
    Audient ASP in via adat on a simple interface is a bargain and sits above the budget stuff.
  • I’ll second the Audient Asp 880. Super piece of kit. 
    I would honestly expect SSL to beat Audient but... I won't buy any of these for the time being :D 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9577
    edited February 29
    Ive just got (today) the SSL UF1 which looks like an amazing bit of kit
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StuckfastStuckfast Frets: 2418
    I have a Pure Drive Octo arriving on Monday, should be interesting. Looks like they are gunning for the Focusrite ISA range.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Stuckfast said:
    I have a Pure Drive Octo arriving on Monday, should be interesting. Looks like they are gunning for the Focusrite ISA range.
    Exciting! Let us know more when you get it!