Boss adaptor, 200 ma.

robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3469
I have four pedals, an SD-1 , DS-1 , CH-1 and an RC-3, none of which state the amp draw, do I need to get a new PSU?
A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    edited February 13
    Check their manuals, all of them have their respective max current draw stated on the manual.
    But because I'm weird I can remember the values – I've had those pedals, so here they go: 10, 10, 55, 70.  
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3469
    Yorkie said:
    Check their manuals, all of them have their respective max current draw stated on the manual.
    But because I'm weird I can remember the values – I've had those pedals, so here they go: 10, 10, 55, 70.  
    Thankyou, looks like I am within limits then, should be Ok for the time being, thanks again fella.
  • YorkieYorkie Frets: 1506
    The only reason you would end up needing a more powerful and ideally isolated power supply is if your digital pedals started introducing a high pitch whine in the signal. That’s annoying as hell. 
    Adopted northerner with Asperger syndrome. I sometimes struggle with empathy and sarcasm – please bear with me.   
    My trading feedback: https://www.thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/210335/yorkie

Yorkie said:
    The only reason you would end up needing a more powerful and ideally isolated power supply is if your digital pedals started introducing a high pitch whine in the signal. That’s annoying as hell. 
    Strange you should say that, the RC-3 was noisier than usual tonight. I am playing a backing track on it and it seems to have settled down now, it was really noisy at the start though.
  • AlexlotlAlexlotl Frets: 174
    Current draw aside, I thought the rule of thumb was that it was only ok to daisy chain analogue, non-time based effects, otherwise you’re risking extra noise. So the RC-3 (digital) and CH-1(time based) would probably be happier with their own outputs.

On my board I have overdrives and a compressor sharing outputs with no ill effects. I admit I’ve never tried breaking the above rules. 
    Alexlotl said:
    Current draw aside, I thought the rule of thumb was that it was only ok to daisy chain analogue, non-time based effects, otherwise you’re risking extra noise. So the RC-3 (digital) and CH-1(time based) would probably be happier with their own outputs.

On my board I have overdrives and a compressor sharing outputs with no ill effects. I admit I’ve never tried breaking the above rules. 
    It could be that, I could hear it in the playback on the RC3 , the background noise changes when I put the RC3 into different modes and there is a noise similar to a cassette tape that spooled unevenly.
    It might have been more noticiable because I was wearing headphones. Each pedal on their own makes no noise, CH1 and RC3 together makes no noise,its only when all four are plugged in together on the daisy chain.