Played 3 Yamahas - Red Label, -16 and -26

TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
The 3 series Red Label folk sized was lovely - couldn’t really fault it - I played some really good things around that price recently when I was shopping for my sons guitar and for an OMish mahogany guitar I think you’d struggle to find something much better (individual preferences aside) 

The LS16 was odd - I think it might have had brand new strings on - it was all overly brash zither and sparkle - had a nice solid low ends though but the brash/bright high end was a distraction.

LJ26 was a new one on me - Japanese made - I’d not played that body shape before and it kind of surprised me - I’d expected (just based on the name ‘small jumbo’) it’d have a solid low end but if anything it was more restrained than the S/OMish sized ones so sounded a bit unbalanced to me (I seem to be erring more and more to a decent OM being a ‘balanced’ sound lately. 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Do you still have the J45?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7422
    Clecko said:
    Do you still have the J45?
    No that (and other things of value) had to go when I was ill and needed to pay rent/eat! 
    Red ones are better. 
  • CleckoClecko Frets: 295
    Sorry to hear, buddy. I knew some stuff had to go but wasn't sure about the J45. I always hanker for one but have never been able to justify it to myself.