Orangewood Juniper (rubber bridge guitar)

I like it anyway! Sounds a bit different. Definitely not for a crystal clear acoustic sound.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I was in my local guitar shop about 18 months ago and got speaking to a fella who played a Ukelele with rubber strings. He had no problem with them and actually liked them. Are they a thing on guitars too?
  • I was in my local guitar shop about 18 months ago and got speaking to a fella who played a Ukelele with rubber strings. He had no problem with them and actually liked them. Are they a thing on guitars too?
    Seems to be. I had a Ukelele bass with rubber strings. Sounded really cool, but I couldn't get on with the sticky strings.
    Seems to be. I had a Ukelele bass with rubber strings. Sounded really cool, but I couldn't get on with the sticky strings.

A Ukelele bass? Interesting concept.
  • droflufdrofluf Frets: 3691
    A lot of the guitar on Taylor Swift's "Folklore" uses a rubber bridge guitar. Aaron Dessner is a fan

Interesting article here https://reverb.com/news/the-rubber-bridge-guitars-taking-over-indie-music
  • hessodreamyhessodreamy Frets: 118
    edited February 14
    Yeah I saw this video

and was very intrigued with
    1. getting a parlour
    2. dicking around with it
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569
    sounds like fun, Id like to try one,  but as hessodreamy said, "to dick around with"  but for me I think the novelty would soon wear off
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.