Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• Wow indeed!

Love it.

It's not a competition.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dariusdarius Frets: 632
    Goddamn it he’s even nailed the drum fills. 
    Amazing. 
  • jhumberjhumber Frets: 238
    Watched this last night. Just showed my kids it this morning…. It’s brain-melting how he nailed those drum fills. I thought I’d seen it all by now, but he’s continuing to push the acoustic guitar to new places. Incredible stuff. 
  • PjonPjon Frets: 313
    It's very clever, and he's an astonishingly good player, but take away the visuals and it sounds like an elevator music version of Everlong. :D 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Ah but can he do it on a cold, rainy night in Stoke?
    Please note my communication is not very good, so please be patient with me
    soundcloud.com/thecolourbox-1
    youtube.com/@TheColourboxMusic
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4310
    edited February 16
    Pjon said:
    It's very clever, and he's an astonishingly good player, but take away the visuals and it sounds like an elevator music version of Everlong. D 
    I was really, really into this stuff for a while (I even bought a Lowden, and learned how to attempt (!) to do it). But I agree with this. 

Skill level off the charts. Great to watch and listen to as a performance. But I wouldn’t want an album of it.

Even someone like Andy McKee, their recorded output is an acquired taste, that I found doesn’t have much longevity. 

The only 2 guys I’ve heard do this stuff, and I can listen to, without the visual aspect; Michael Hedges and Antoine Dufour. 

Of course, YMMV. 

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to

• edited February 16
    darius said:
    he’s even nailed the drum fills. 

And the synth in the background too, which is especially impressive on an electro-acoustic guitar.
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
  • JonnyBgoodeJonnyBgoode Frets: 118
    edited February 16
    Yeah I heard some of this this before he released it, just awesome. Mike is a wonderful player, a nice guy and a superb showman too. I was about 2 or 3 metres away from him when I saw him live, amongst other high spots watching him nail his incredible cover of Metallica's One without dropping a note.  He can play all this stuff live, no problem and he uses those synthy type swells sparingly. 
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 241
    I just wish I had fingers like that instead of meat hooks. It would make playing guitar so much easier.
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom