NBBGD (New borrowed bass guitar day)

HaychHaych Frets: 5667
edited February 17 in Bass
So, got my hands on this beauty once again.  A full fat American made Fender Deluxe Jazz Bass, borrowed from my sister.  

It's stunning, and I'm sorry, but the nicest guitar of any kind I've ever set my eyes or hands on.  It needs to be seen in the flesh to be truly appreciated.  It even smells gorgeous with a wonderful sweet and smokey scent (my old Strat smelled the same, I wonder if it's the rosewood Fender used at the time).

She'll be lucky if she ever gets it back, muahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaa.  Sounds awesome too.  She bought it new in about 97 - the serial number makes it a '97 year as well.  Sorry, sis, it's mine now!

So will be using this baby on my, ahem, recording project (literally, lol) over the next weeks/months (decades).  

Bass is hard, man.  You bassists are badass!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 72505
    Haych said:

It even smells gorgeous with a wonderful sweet and smokey scent (my old Strat smelled the same, I wonder if it's the rosewood Fender used at the time).
    It's the glue in the case lining :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14513
    CUE: The Ramones - Now, I Wanna Sniff Some Glue.
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5667
    ICBM said:
    Haych said:

It even smells gorgeous with a wonderful sweet and smokey scent (my old Strat smelled the same, I wonder if it's the rosewood Fender used at the time).
    It's the glue in the case lining :).
    Dagnamit, is there anything you don't know? ;)

CUE: The Ramones - Now, I Wanna Sniff Some Glue.
    Yeah, where can I get some, glue never smelled so good!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.