Mini board Overdrive combo #712 (new Barber BUSS added)

What's Hot
TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
edited February 17 in FX

Ooh this is good! 

Did a Barber-for-Barber trade of my Gain Changer with @dangriffiths for his BUSS and I’m really liking the BUSS / Lightspeed combo. 

The BUSS is happiest in the medium/more gain range and I’ve set the Lightspeeed even lower gain than I’d been using it and that’s got me out of the “my pedals
sound the same” rut I’d been in. 

Both sides of the BUSS circuit sound great - I keep changing my mind which is my favourite and I think that’s a good sign for both. 
Red ones are better. 
0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• GreatapeGreatape Frets: 3552
    Any experience with Zendrive or similar? Am curious to know how BUSS compares. 

Very tempted to try Barber at some point. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7421
    Greatape said:
    Any experience with Zendrive or similar? Am curious to know how BUSS compares. 

Very tempted to try Barber at some point. 
    I built a Zendrive clone years ago when I was into building things. A Zendrive is a tubescreamer with 2 things: different clipping diodes, and a low end control that trades low end for gain and vice versa as it is turned. It ends up being a less humpy Tubescreamer for which these days there are many many options (back then less so) 

I really like the Barbers I’ve tried - I had a Half Gainer back when they were a thing, then a Gain Changer (probably the most versatile low gain drive I’ve tried - more so than even the Timmy) and now this.

What I really like about the BUSS is that it’s gainy which I wanted but less middy/honky than my old Guvnor. 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom