SCAMMER WARNING: Due to a spate of recent scam attempts (some successful) recently, if you're doing a deal in the classifieds, ONLY USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES UNLESS YOU KNOW THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSONALLY. It's really not worth saving a few quid.

FS/ FT: Seymour Duncan Stratocaster (made by ESP)

What's Hot
Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 327
edited March 9 in Guitars £
Looking to trade or sell this Seymour Duncan Stratocaster. It's from 1993, with SSL1 pickups and sounds great, alder body and rosewood neck. I already have one like this so am selling this one. 

Seymour Duncan Stratocaster - £900

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    What do they call that again - Candy tangerine? Big fan of metallic finishes on straps. Very tasteful.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • lovely Navi - tempted =)

Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life
  • FunkfingersFunkfingers Frets: 14430
    On the SD guitar,
    1) what is the fingerboard radius?
    2) which SD models are the pickups? 
    You say, atom bomb. I say, tin of corned beef.
  • Hydra19Hydra19 Frets: 327
    not sure of the radius but it feels like 9.5, the pickups are SSL1's
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • maw4neumaw4neu Frets: 559
    edited February 19
    That SD Strat is a beautiful looking guitar . . . Nice !
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

I would consider some trades, I'm after a fender st68, preferably from 2016 onwards. And I also would not look away from a nice Japanese explorer like a burny or fernandes, or a nice marshall 1 watt amp 
    TTT - Love these
    Id just like to point out that, despite all the video and DNA evidence, it genuinely wasn't me, your Honour  ! 

edited February 24
    bump - offeres accepted
    edited February 27
    TTT - 2 beauties . . . seriously nice ! . . . I have to stop looking at the SD  . . 

Yeah, they're both seriously nice that I might be withdrawing them. The orange one is very punchy and cuts through, it was armostrong wiring to thicken up the bridge and neck, which works well on solos and to thicken the single coil sound. It has a pretty thin neck.
    The SD is very nice, very easy to play with good singing sustain on the strings. It's like 80% the guitar my old Navigator Strat felt like. This was initially me trying out SD guitars, and now I know I wouldn't mind buying them without trying them so I could be tempted to let the SD go, especially if I can keep the pickups. Anyway, I read that the SD has nitro top finish, but the poly seems very thin underneath that, while the neck has been either stripped of finish, or has thin nitro. It feels satin smooth and there seems to be no finish on it.
    Price drop bump, Seymour Duncan £800
  • steven70steven70 Frets: 1263
    Nice strat - does it say 'Traditional' on the headstock? Can't see from here!
    Cheers
    No, it doesn't say treaditional, I wonder how they designated which models were tradiotnals and which where higher end since they both seem to come with 1-2 piece alder wood, nitro finish (top coat vs all around) and SD pickups, so there must be very little in it 
    edited March 7
    Thanks. I have been getting confused with the similar guitar that you reviewed here, which appears to be a traditional.

https://www.strat-talk.com/threads/esp-seymour-duncan-traditional-stratocasters.611096/

You asked if it says tradiotional and it does not so I did not want to lie to you, whether it is or isn't a tradional I cannot be sure. I have priced it as a traditional, and one of the lowest prices for a traditional I've seen around. 

edited March 7
    Hydra19 said:
    You asked if it says tradiotional and it does not so I did not want to lie to you, whether it is or isn't a tradional I cannot be sure. I have priced it as a traditional, and one of the lowest prices for a traditional I've seen around. 

It does not say traditional because someone has sanded that part of the logo off. 

So, perhaps it might be helpful to potential buyers to make this clear in the ad in case they confuse this with the higher end model that does not have 'Traditional' on the headstock, given that is not clear from the pics.

Just a suggestion. I'm sure it's a nice guitar.
    edited April 17
    OK, thanks, I have added a disclaimer to the original post.